Help, what to do with stiches?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Fakir, Aug 10, 2013.

1. I made a thread earlier about being in an accident, what im wondering now is that the hospital sent me home with 4 stiches over my eyebrow, blue plastic stiches, and im not sure what to do with it? i think i heard somewhere that your body will automatically reject it when the wound is healed, but im not sure?

anybody know?

2. lol don't do anything with it

3. When I had stitches I was told that they would come out on their own after awhile.

4. Today they use staples that are bio degradable or something like that.

5. I'd call the doctor, or the hospital where it was done, and ask them. Sometimes you have to go and have them taken out.

6. some dissolve some dont...they tell you if you need to come back or not

7. okay thanks everyone, im gonna call them on monday :)

8. You can cut them out yourself
    It doesn't hurt

Get a CLEAN exactly knife and BBOOM!

Ya done
    Bada bing

9. I had to go back to the hospital for a post op and then they took out the stitches and staples. Some do biodegrade and do not require a second visit. Call your doctor and ask what to do unless you have other directions form him/her.

10. They didn't give you instructions before sending you out? I hope they at least gave you a lollipop.

11. Give them snitches

Wait no that's not how it works

12. If they don't come out by themselves after a month you can just cut them out. I always cut out my own stitches cuz i don't have insurance and i'm not paying for that.

13. Some are bio degradable some aren't. I'd ask the hospital which they put in. If you have insurance have them removed by a doc if not then you can cut them with scissors and yank those fuckers out once it's healed. As a son of a LPN i suggest getting them removed professionally if you have insurance.

14. Okay thanks :)

i dont have insurance, but thankfully i live in Denmark where they give everyone free healthcare, but we got a massive tax somewhere near 40% -_- but hey, no problem, i just been to the hospital because of a car accident and i got the best treatment, they were like checking up on me to the point of me getting annoyed by them :D, but i wonder why they didnt say anything about the stiches

15. #15 Fakir, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
    PS : my god, the man who invented the catheter was a sadistic bastard, i just got reminded off it damn haha

edit : apparently it was Benjamin Franklin haha, who would have thought