Help w/ HLG QB96 Elite Assembly

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Stilg7, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Hello everyone, just a quick question for you guys. I purchased two QB96 elites v2 w/ sstx heat sinks and I'm pairing them with an Hlg-320h-54a Driver. What else do I need in order to assemble my light? I don't know much at all about lighting and this is my first ever grow. If someone could provide me with everything else I will need in order to complete my light assembly I'd greatly appreciate it. TIA

2. I think the QB96 bundle comes with thermal tape and screws. You'll probably need ratchet hangers. They're all basically the same so get what is convenient. Besides that, just some wire, 18g solid core preferably, to connect driver to boards and a power cable to cut to connect on the AC side. There are connectors you can get to avoid soldering and shrink tubing. I forget what they're called, but they link to them in the HLG basic guide. If you've got a soldering iron, you can do it the old fashioned way, as I did. Don't think there's anything else you need.

*EDIT* You might need some kind of frame for those boards. The full kit comes with one, but not sure what you would want to use for diy. I see guys using aluminum trim for this sort of thing. Willing to bet you can find something if you walk around Lowes/HD. I love wandering around the home improvement store waiting for ideas to hit me, lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the quick response! Any chance you can post me some links to these things so I can familiarize myself with them? Again, I'm new to all of this and I'm not very handy either. I just want to make sure I have everything possible that I will need to complete this light fixture. A checklist if you will! Thanks again and hopefully someone can share some links to these items =)

4. You can use "D" ring picture hangers and mount them right to the heat sink. Then I use "V" hangers with the d rings.

Attached Files:

5. V with the D

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Exactly,lol.

7. This looks interesting. Any chance you have another picture of them hanging? And a pic of them wired to their driver?

8. This is the only pic I have of them hanging..... and not a very good one. 20190914_194952.jpg And no pics of it wired,sorry. I have two QB96s,each running on it's own HLG-185h-54a.