Help Vacation!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by timmy, Dec 16, 2004.

1. im going on vacation for a week and i dont know how i can keep my plants watered. can i just put the pot in a little bucket with some water in it so the dirt absorbes the water up to the roots or will that overwater it? HELP PLEASE!

2. i dont know everything about growing, or watering while ur out either. but i do know that ive heard alot about root rot happening when the roots of ur plant spend too much time hangin in the muddy soggy dirt....at the bottom of ur container.. so i dunno if that method would work so well... but i dont know too much :/

3. alright, well its my only option so far. do you have any idea's?

4. Not too much that I know of you can do...But do you have a friend you REALLY REALLY REALLY (Cant stress that enought) trust? If so give him/her a key and have him/her do it.

5. U Can Give A Shot Of Getting A Soda Bottle And Makeing Holes (with A Niddle) On The Middle Of The Cap And On The Bottom Side Of Soda And Stick The Cap Side In The Soil... Dont Know How Long It Will Last.. But U Can Give It A Test Run And See If It Works...

6. How often have you been watering? I water about once a week, sometimes less frequently. A week without water should not hurt the plants if they have sufficiently large pots. They like it dry.

7. wow. i water about once a day and my plants seem to be loving it. but thanks for the soda bottle idea! im gonna go give that a dry run before i leave. thanks for the help guys!

8. timmy this is ak47smoke u have been helping me on the beginers site i have a few qutions on thary if u could give it a look at i would a parcat it thanks i changed my lights lie u sad

9. go invest in a water pump, and a timer that lets you select multiple times to come on and off. Put a nice 5 gal jug of water with the pump in it, have it come on for 15 mins but make it do a slow drip down. Just put your pot on top of the 5 gallon bucket so the excess water will jsut leak down. That is the only way i can think of. Or.. the friend Idea, I'd be glad to come by and water your baby for you. Just Hope you find a way to over come the watering prob.

I let for 3 days one time and i lost all my seedlings due to the heat here. But oh well lose some get alot more bud with the plant i got.