HELP: Unknown Plant Problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by lazyeyedhaze, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Hello all,

Well, this is my first time growing and everything was running smoothly until about 3 days ago. I've done tons of research and I can't find a deficiency or toxicity that matches my problem.

My plant is in flowering and has begun to develop a problem in the fan leaves near the top of the plant. (the small leaves that come directly out of the bud appear to be unaffected.)

The problem goes like this: first, a fan leaf will develop a few, small brown spots inbetween the veins of the leaf. Soon afterwards almost the whole leaf (except the tip and the veins) will be engulfed by the brown spots (dead tissue?). Late in the process, the leaf will start to twist and turn. The leaf takes on a bronze look.

At the beginning of the process, the leaf will feel leathery. After the leaf has been taken over, the it feels crumbly.

When I hold the leaf up to light, the brown spots don't let any light through.

I'm suspecting some sort of a problem with iron or calcium but I'm not quite sure. Any feedback would be wonderful!

Thanks.

Here are some pics as well:

Attached Files:

2. Hey man.
    I don't know if it is calcium deficiency because that is seen on the top as well as the bottoms of the plants. Yours is at top only you said. Nonetheless, what is your soil PH? Are your lights far enough from the plants? Sounds like possible burning fro0m lights. What type of light you using including distance? Also what type and how often do you fertilize? How do the plants look today?