Help Understanding Perpetual Grows

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by degrassi2, Oct 19, 2017.

1. I've read about 8 threads about perpetual grows but I do not understand the point of them. Lets say i have two small 16 Square Feet to grow inside of. Not including the place my mother is located at. Can someone explain how perpetual produces more bud? I keep imagining the plants moving as though they are on a conveyor belt. Even if I'm taking two plants off the belt every 2 weeks how is that producing my bud than if I feel up my two 16' tents with plants and harvest every 4 months?

I understand how a mother can save me time. Perpetually harvesting seems like it has no real PROs. Only the CONs of doing a lot of work.

2. It doesn't produce more bud per square foot. It's a more constant supply. You're always a week or two away from cutting down a plant and that is comforting to people. Maybe they feel like if they have a bad crop they won't be able to make it to next crop without buying outside of the garden?

3. Not everyone has a ton of room to grow and use the method to make up for what plants lack in size. Got to make it work to get the yeild they desire to satisfy their need.

4. One pro is that when you start getting more successful in your growing, trimming and curing will start to be such a work load at harvest it really takes a burden off if it's one plant at a time instead of many. Trimming can take me over a week of hours a night.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Harvest every 2 months instead of 4. Plain and simple. Basically a 2 month veg with a 2 month flower give or take a couple weeks. Don't understand where your confused lol

6. Never mind I'm a highass. In my case I only have one tent and that's where I would like to flower just because I have more control of the environment inside a tent. Just depends on person and space they have, grow environment etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. #7 Tbone Shuffle, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    I harvest every two months with just two rooms. Perpetual in my mind is when you stagger your plant count.

Say I have two 4x4 areas. One veg and one bloom. Plant one plant and two weeks later I plant a second. Two weeks later I plant a 3rd, ect. After 8 weeks I have 4 plants and the first plant is quite large ready to flower. They all four rotate in the bud tent on an 8 week rotation. One plant every two weeks moves over.

The way to do it right is a quick maturing strain and all the same clones so they have predictable finishing times. Otherwise a later finisher screws up the cycle.

8. Well shit when you pull 2 pounds + a grow it would be a hassle lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's actually faster than flowering both at the same time, 1 month veg then move it to flowering tent, take cuttings and veg for two months then take cuttings and redo the cycle, 3 light rotation is the quickest, check out "the grow boss" on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. You all have Interesting thoughts on perpetual grows. I'm going to stick with the conclusion that we all would produce the same amount of product if given a year. And I'm speaking about one person switching from Perpetual to normal growth cycle and vice versa.

11. The major pro to perpetual grows is in my case monthly harvests. My bills are due monthly and my product gets pulled down every month. That way the bills get paid and I don't have to worry about saving until the next harvest (2 months away)

R-4808N