Help! Twisted leaves!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by northo, Aug 12, 2009.

1. This is my first grow and I am growing Hindu kush. I started flowering about 3 days ago, but I noticed this maybe a week ago. A bunch of leaves are all twisted and curvy and a couple leaves have brown spots on them. From everything I read it means that it is a PH problem and im pretty sure that is the problem, but I wanted to post some pics, and see what you guys think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks

2. Also i forgot to add that the plant is under 4 26w cfls, if that matters lol

3. looks like its getting some nute burn to me boss....try flushing it

4. I flushed the plant about 5 days ago and I just got a little water ph tester and tested the water and nutes that I water with and the ph is about 5.

5. eeek thats why patna...get ur ph up to 6.8

just get a lil ph up...thatll do that trick

6. Fasho thanks. Can i is mix sum baking soda in my water or is it better to go get sum ph up?

7. just get some ph up mane..they got em in the plant nurserys and hydro shop...like 6 bucks.

8. baking soda is really salty i wouldnt use it. but you can use white vineagar to lower the water ph safely just add a few drops at a time.

make sure to test the run off ph too and hyphy is correct you want that ph for soil grows to be at 6.8 so all available nutes will be absorbed i.e. no lockout

FLUSH FLUSH FLUSH i just corrected my ph yesterday i raised it by flushing with regular tap water took a while but the plants sure do thank you for it

D9D1UGCANRBL2JCAWKSGLXCASMJWYXCA9FLETHCAPUAJJVCAO1CDW6CATRHW0TCA3J1XUBCAIL3F1ECAMC7K3GCAI1C321CA.jpg

9. I bought the ph up stuff and got my ph about 6.8-7. I will test the runoff after I water which I think will either be tonight or tomorrow. Do I need to flush the plant again or do you think it will be ok as long as what I'm feeding it has the right ph? N thanks for the help

10. If I remember right below 6.3 locks out a major nutrient and above6.8 locks out a major nutrient for soil.So it is best to keep it between 6.3-6.8 try not to go above or below.I could be wrong though just going from memory which has been known to fail me.:D

11. We use 1/4 teaspoon of epsom salts to 1 gallon of water to boost the MG levels:hello:

12. you wont know if you need to flush again till you take a runoff reading, it will all depend on the PH you read

you need to PH adjust your ferts this is generally the cause of the acidic conditions you are having

13. Ok I just watered and checked my runoff ph and it was about 6 maybe even 5.8. So what does that mean foe me? Lol. If I just keep watering with the water and nutes all being at the right ph will this correct the ph problems?

14. flush again till you get a runoff of 6.8............ last gallon of the flush feed with 50% strength nutes

next watering take another runoff reading, to be certain the ph issue isnt re-occurring from a sour root ball not getting enough flushing to leech the center of the root ball

15. #15 HERB INSURGENT, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2009
    listen to the man he knows his shit.

13bd10c29b83a4f8.jpg

Attached Files: