Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

help towel stuck in bong

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Vallick, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Help what should i do to dissolve the paper towel. also how do i prevent my bong from cracking when doing this. Help what should i do to get the paper towel to dissolve or somthin????

2. maybe light it on fire? what i wanna know is how it got stuck in the 1st place.

3. Could try using something to hook and pull it out maybe, duno what would dissolve it maybe Coke it eats through car paint :confused_2:

4. You're not supposed to smoke towels. Don't you know anything? HAHAHA I Keed, I keed

5. first i tryed bleach to dissolve the towels it kinda works but it takes along time. The i had the idea of letting it try and using sodering iron to set it on fire but now its damp. Anyone no what do other than lighing it on fire. Also what should i do to prevent it from cracking. i was fooling with hot water and bleach and then i saw a crack arrrr
    :( now i dont no what to do. Everything was cool untill it cracked a lil.

6. I would try to pull it out with something first. Failing that I would run as much hot water through the bong as I could to try to flush it out or break it up.

Failing that, maybe a soak in some kind of household acid like vinegar? I know gasoline will break down a paper towel (had a few stuffed down my gas tank a while back...they break down into a mess that plugs up your filters) but you don't want to be pouring that in your bong...

Oh, and clean your bong with a rag on a stick next time :)

EDIT: Hot water cracked your bong? Shit, ok...nevermind that first bit of my post. :eek:

7. i say light the paper on fiiiire

8. Its my big bong i havent used it in like three months and dust was over it then i had the bright idea of cleaning it. then im like i want all the resin out of the middle so i can see the smoke. Then i took stupid me two paper towls instead of one and put it in the middle of the bong then i pushed down down down. ahhhh and now its stuckk but at leaset its super clean yaarrr. i hope its doesnt break over this and i already have a hair line crack. That why i came to this website cuz now there a lil hair line crack wtf do i do now so my bong doesnt crack. i thought hot water wouldnt crack a glass bong why would it crack arrr. maybee ill try gas i hope this doesnt make my crack bigger or should i just let it dry and use a sodering iron or somthin. tobad i dont have muriatic acid but would muriatic acid crack a bong

9. light the damn paper on fire and burn it outta there. or, get the towel wet and itll come out.

10. heres what you do....

im sure the paper towel is wet as fuck as it is... so essentially what you have is a big ass spitball stuck in ur straw and i doubt your lungs have the power to blow it out- so use an airhose... get it up to like 60-80 psi and shoot it in ur downstem... that son of a bitch should come out the top... (make sure u pour out any water in it)

11. All interesting ideas. Have you considered a coathanger straightened out and fashioned into a hook?

Alternatively, you could seal the stem off and fill the bong with water. It will take about a week, but the paper towel will disintegrate into fiber. You could also stir the slush with that coathanger apparatus I mentioned, and this should accelerate the disintegration.
    I used to do papermaking and this is similar to one of the ways you can make pulp.

Do not light it on fire, unless you WANT your bong to crack.

12. another alternative is to let the bong dry out, let the papertowel dry out and try to pull it out again once it's dry.

I'm thinking you want to get this shit out right now, and you aren't going to stop fucking with it until you do. Or at least, it's going to sit festering in the back of your mind until you solve this problem. I'm thinking that since you're freaking out, you are probably not going to have the patience and presence of mind to wait a week for it to dissolve.

May I suggest then, using water pressure through the stem to force the paper towel out through the chamber?

I am assuming that your bong is a pretty simple straight pipe chamber.

13. quoted for truth.

14. see i want it out now and i keep thinking about it booo :(. I have these lil metel pikes ive been heating them up then slowly burning the paper towel with the hot mete pikes. It just it takes to long slowy digging the towel out of the bong. My mom has to cum home when i have these metal things in the oven and i ran upstairs with my bong. this idea should work after awhile i guess. Tobad i dont have long tweasers or a blow tourch. i think im just going to digg up a sodering iron if i can find it and just drop it in if it to burn the damp towels arrrrrrr. Its my first bong and i dont want it to die :( its like 8 years old

15. Pour some alcohol down it, drop a match in, that'll get rid ofthe towel.

/e: And why is this in Seasoned Tokers??

16. yea should be in absolute beginners TEE HEE HEE

but yea, there are many ways to get it out. take it outside, dose in flamable liquid, light.

very easy indeed. as long as air doesnt get trapped in the base and blow the bong up lol

17. fill the chamber with water from the stem at the bottom and possibly push it out like a hydralic ram?

18. Flammable liquids are your friend.

19. Draino? That should dissolve just about anything but the glass within an hour. Really really really clean your bong well after that though. You don't want to smoke draino. Like, flush with a continuous stream of water for like 15 mins.

20. wad up soem tape prefereablly duct tape and put it on the end of something long and try and get the paper towl stuck to it and pull it out with that....unless we paper towls dont stuck to tape