Help sprouting question!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by juslikejesus, May 14, 2010.

1. I'm starting to grow for my first time and I used the little jiffy starter things, it says to sprout keep out of direct sunlight in a warm place. Does it need sunlight, because unfortuanetly for me it's a little shadier than normal today?

Also, I switched these seeds around a little bit while theywere germinating because I had them in paper towels and switched them into the jiffy soil will this cause a problem?

2. They should be fine dude. They don't need light till they sprout. But you can put them under a light before they sprout. Some guys keep them in the dark until they sprout. Me, I put mine under my T5's first thing. Just keep it moist. Not soaked but moist until it sprouts.

3. You only need to keep them in a dark place while germinating. Once they germ and the tap root apears(1/16-1/4"), place in moist starter cube, or seedling soil and put under a fluorecent light and allow for about 70% humidity while sprouting. You can use a heat mat for seedlings and a dome to raise the temp of the soil and humidity.
    When you have a few sets of leaves and the roots are expanding nicely you can trasplant into their growing medium. Usually 2-3 weeks.
    I heard a lot of people have less success using starter cubes, The sure to grow cubes are better for soil and hydro, or just a fine(sifted)good grade of potting soil.