Help, Spots on mah plants!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by JokinToker, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Anyone Know what is wrong with this plant? Several others are having the exact same issue. My soil is miracle grow potting soil, I use tap water that has set out a few days to evap the cholorine, I use miracle grow food spikes and they are still I'm pushing them out of veg state to start producing buds on a 12/12 light schedule.

Attached Files:

2. I'd probably say it's the MG soil. Try out Fox Farm, works wonders. Test the PH level also and try to keep it within 5.5-6.5.

3. Thanks man, I would have never guessed it was my soil. I was beginning to think no one was gonna answer me.

4. Yeah dude those food spikes aren't good for herb growing. You can't control how much of the ferts are being released.

Looks like nitrogen burn from the spikes.

5. Any suggestion for food instead of the spikes? I did not know these spikes would cause problems. I thought I did enough reading before I started this but I guess I was wrong. I learn better from screwin shit up anyway. These are only bag seeds, but I was still hoping to produce "something" from them, even if it wasn't top of the line grade A shit yet.

6. dude you might have a bug problem. that looks like damage from some bugs. look carefully around your grow.

7. Bugs, I've seen a few gnats I dont understand where the hell they would come from considering it's an inside grow. Guess I need to look into some type of pesticide. Any suggestions that would not be harmful to my house cat would be appreciated. thanks for the reply wolverine32.

8. Fungus gnats WILL eat tender young roots. Don't use any control products (gnatrol) on the baby. Put yellow sticky traps down, let the soil dry out a bit and see what happens.

9. Here is a few updated pics of my plants. I have 4 growing but one is only a seedling and I didnt bother taking a pic of it. The small one is looking really good so far but i dont know if its male or female. I took some pics of the stem to see if maybe anyone here knew just by looking but personally I just dont think it is mature enough yet. One of these taller plants looks really sick, I dont know if its due to heat stress, light stress, I didnt seen any bugs and I dont over water my plants. The food I use is a 9-12-12 Pennington Tomato & Vegetable Plant Food. I've only used it once and put a tblsp with the soil then mixed it together and added a small water. The box says it contains Nitrogen 9.00%, Phosphate 12.00% and Soluble Potash (K2O) 12.00%. They all look a bit bare I think because their first light cycle during veg stage and seedling stage was in front of a bathroom window. they only got light about 6 hours a day. Now I have a Tube CFL on them all day. I also have a 65W type flood light on them.

Attached Files:

10. I decided to let go of the one that is looking rough. I don't think it will be making a come back. For my other plants I picked up two more daylight tube CFL's for veg and seedling stages. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to flower the female yet. Anyone know how long i can let it stay in veg stage before it starts causing me a problem? or can I just keep in veg stage for as long as the plant lives before I start to flower it?