Help sky walker og with purple stems, stalk maybe hermie?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by soundscience4.0, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Hey guys I have 2 Sky Walker OG's (from clone) that are 2 weeks into flower. 600 watt hps 3 gall containers soil feeding with AN Sensi Bloom. I noticed that the stems and stalk on the 2 Sky WOG's are still purple redish, not green looking like all the rest. Recently transplanted before flower (vegged for 3.5 weeks). They have been growing ok and I have fimmed and topped them aswell. The new growth comes out the same color almost but not as purple redish. I also noticed that they both have the calyxes very swollen and hairy. It almost looks like male pollen saks, but I am not sure. I will be posting a pic aswell. I just want to make sure whats wrong before I let them continue flowering and infest the rest of the girls. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS AGAIN GC

2. I grew that not to long ago my stems were red the whole time.. Buds came out nice..

View attachment 808479

3. Phos[horus, and magnesium defficiencies usually cause red/purple stems. Sometimes it is strain specific though. Since it is both your sky walker og's doing it then I would think it may be strain specific, or and probably the case, they are heavy mag, and phosphorus eaters.

4. I was writing my post as ohio614boi's post came up. Sounds like a good chance it is just the strain.

5. Hey guys Thanks for the replys. I was thinking it might be strain specific also. I forgot to mention I also had both girls in kind of small containers with soil and the small cut square rockwool cubes through out the veg. Maybe that could be something aswell. I just wanted to get all the facts out. THANKS AGAIN AND FEEL FREE TO REPLY !!!

6. It's strain specific, In my Shishkaberrys it's the same thing, but in the same tent being fed the SAME nutrients my Blue Domina does not have any purple steming at all.

7. It is a the beginning of a phosphorous deficiency, the reason that it may happen to one strain over another is that some strains use more nutrients then other strains do.

8. What do u guys rec I do, just keep an eye on them. Should I be feeding them something else? LAStly What do u guys think about the swollen calyxes, are they signs of stress or hermie? . I think maybe from the fimming and topping they swoll up. Any input would be great. I found this link that more less shows what I mean until I get the camera. Mine look like the first lil calyxes, but hariy like the last 2. THANKS AGAIN GC PEACE!!

9. I wouldn't worry about the purple stems unless your leaves starts showing signs of phosphorus deficiency. Is your ph in range? If it isn't then it is likely to be the cause of your problem.