Help! Seeds cracked but not sprouting. HELP!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bambu215, Aug 26, 2012.

1. on aug 19 i soaked 3 seeds in shot glasses over night. i was going to put all 3 in a paper towel to sprout them but i thought i would plant 1 to see what happens. so thats what i did, i planted 1 directly in coco coir and put the other 2 in a paper towel. the next day i checked on them and noticed that the seeds were open more but not spouted. so i decided to plant them anyway. now its 6 days later and the one i planted directly into coco coir and only 1 of the 2 i put in a paper towel broke through soil. (they're plobably a little over an inch tall) i poked through the coco coir to check what was going on with the other seed and saw thatit still hasn't sprouted. does anyone know what the problem is? should i try placing it back in a wet paper towel? is it gone? advice and suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

2. Is the coco moist? Is there enough light? Did you put any nutrients or amendments in your medium?

3. yes, the coco is moist and its been under a t5 light. i have not given it any nutes. the other seed that was in the paper towel with it is doing fine. anything i can do to revive it? maybe its just a bad seed???

4. Keep the lights of until you see the taproot.

May be a bad seed. Was it small, or pale?