Help Save my plant =(

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Earljones, Jan 1, 2010.

1. So im about 17 days into flowering on my White Rhino from greenhouse seeds. I am growing in dirt I got out of my back yard. Lots of sand in it to help with drainage. I have not been feeding anything to my plant...One of my buddies who has been growing for a few years has not used any nutes or anything when using the backyard special...its on a 12/12 light cycle and i am watering every 8-10 days with 1/2 gallon of purified tap water(using a PUR waterfaucet filter)...Its about 85 F max in the day and low of 75-73ish night..i know its a bit hot but its the best i can do at the moment...this problem was happening before i started flowering but it looked like it was going away..but now its exploding all over my plants...whats wrong with her??? :confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. well kid i am gonna say that if i was you i would start over one ther is to much sand and its soil from your back yard probaly full of disease and insects start over and get quality soil like fox farm ocean forest ive had great results and i am about 4 weeks into flowering

3. i agree that soil from your back yard is a bad idea. Who knows what you've introduced to her. Did you sterilize the soil before using it?

If you havent given any nutes yet then it's probably about time.

8-10 days is a long ass time for that plant to go between waterings. It's probably under watered, PH lockout is possible if you're not PHing your water or soil runoff (causes leafs to curl like yours).

Those leaf tips look pretty bad. It could be a fungus... I'm gonna do a search and see if i can find it for ya.

4. I'm still torn between a fungus or a deficiency.

[​IMG]

5. If I can be a tie breaker I definitely am leaning towards a viral, bacterial, or fungal issue. Possibly with the root system, causing a decrease in the uptake of nutrients.

I've used backyard soil before too... wound up with root rot. I bet if you pour that soil out it'll stink something fierce.

6. first off thanks for the quick replies guys..now secondly..my landlord has been growing for about 30 years..he just harvest one not too long ago..he told me to put it into soil from the back yard..the first picture is from a day before i put it into backyard dirt...the dirt is very dark and rich with nutes is what my land lord says..its light but has sand to promote good drainage...i have been phing the water....6.5ish...the runoff of the plant is about 7ish...i know its roots are a bit compounded...every time i water it takes FOREVER for the half gal of ph treated water to run thru the plant...but as far as smell...i just took it out of its pot the other day and it didnt smell at all...well it smelt like dirt lol...i know what your talking about with that rotten egg type smell but its just not there....im not sure what...but that phosphrous def looks pretty spot on...about 1/2 the leaves that are falling off look exactly like the ones in the picture...and hell even the way the buds are forming on that plant look the same as mine lol...i do add 1/2 cup of h2o2 when i water her to make sure that roots are not rotting...as far as underwatered...the soil is usually just drying out 3-4"down when i water....i did for the first time the last time i watered i fed her some EcoBloom R(6-25-17) it said to mix 1tsp of part A and part B into a gal of water and feed 3 TBLSP every day(can be feed 3 times a day)...this came with a hydrosetup i got off ebay..i mixed up 1/2tsp in 1/2 gal water and feed it 4tblsp over a 5 hour period..didnt seem to have any effect..i just dont know here..i really want to see her thru untill the end..too much time and effort into this plant...she was planted back in August...bad soil...root rot(me watering too much)..nute burn from the shitty storebought soil

the day before i planted into backyard dirt
    [​IMG]

7. so the leaves are dying still but the buds are looking nice..im about 3 weeks from going 12/12..who knows..maybe it will live to the end