HELP! Richmond head shops

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by tehpottestmofi0, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Since others have given the names of the shops in richmond I wont repeat....not trying to be rude or anything, but OP, a simple google search of "richmond va head shops" gave me exactly that...like I said not trying to be rude, just sayin....

2. I was out in Richmond this past weekend. I can verify that Katra Gala is a cool spot, kinda trendy. The dude that works behind the counter is a chill dude. Had a conversation with him about the VA and Cali. He ended up giving me free papers (didn't have change). I plan on going back up there to repay him.

The Happy Corner is a nice little spot too but their selection can't compare to the Katra Gala (although there was this sick black Sherlock for 50 bucks). I think it's run by Mediterraneans and they're nice people too. You could definitely smell the green btw.

Both of those shops are on Main and basically down the street from each other.

I didn't make it to Kultures (I found this thread after I found the other two spots) but I was looking for it. I was hoping to pick up some salvia (still haven't tried it). Anyone have any directions or cross streets for it?

3. You can't legally buy salvia in Virginia. Unfortunately we're one of the states that has banned it.

4. if your willing to go to DC, then you might be willing to drive to hampton roads. There are at least 3 major headshops I can think of at the top of my head which would be worth your while to visit.

Aardvark Glass -Norfolk
    AC's House of Glass - Military Hwy
    The Space Station -Military Hwy

5. ok here you go...

1. Capitol Hemp in washington DC. carries RooR, Illadelph, etc... plus hemp products

2. Kulture in Richmond VA carries RooR, Illadelph, etc.. also has heady bowls and slides, a/cs etc by el hefe, local blowers and others.

3. Tobacco Zone in Woodbridge VA. doesnt carry name brands (besides the occasional PURE or Tsunami) but does have a decent collection glass including loads of bubblers/spoons, grinders, loads of tobacco products including like every name, style, size of rolling paper/ blunt wrap.

those are the only Decent shops in the NOVA/DC area...

if you type in any of those names on google you can easily find the numbers addresses for them...

6. Kulture in the Shockoe Bottom(Richmonds East Side). Carries RooR, Toro, Illy, SYN, tons of other lesser known companies. They also carry mad slides by many of the best blowers in the world and some outrageous heady pieces that I wouldn't even know how to use.

7. Kulture in Richmond is real sick. I drove down from nova last week to pick up a syn, and they hooked me up pretty decently. I got out the door with an 18" Syn with a diffuser, dome perc, ice pinches, an ashcatcher/bowl, a small bowl, a pack of beeline, and two blunt wraps for $180. Their tubes are solid deals and you can haggle with them a bit.

The only thing I didn't like is that they didn't carry that many accessories as good prices. The ashcatcher I got was a generic single stem ashcatcher with a shotgun hole and bowl built in for $45. That was the cheapest one they had and there weren't many others to choose from. All their bowls started above $50 also.

Definitely know what you're trying to buy when you go to Kulture or else you'll spend way more than you intended.

8. Now theres a Kultures in midlothian too, but Katra gala is better, gotta support them
    i've never been to the happy corner, i've seen it though, i've always wonder what it was

9. Thanks for coming down, glad we could help you out. :wave:

10. Kultures all day...

11. I like kultures selection but they seem to be kind of overpriced and the people behind the counter definitely are NOT very friendly. Usually the only thing they even say to me is "can i see your id?" and it's not even in a friendly tone. Kind of sad for a smoke shop imo.

So i go to katra gala. Its only several blocks from my place and everyone that I have talked to in there has been exceptionally friendly. The owner even took a screen out of a perfectly good grinder to give to me as I couldn't find any for my vape whip anywhere.

i definitely recommend katra gala over kultures. The only reason i ever go to kultures is for the nitrous cartridges.

12. Sorry about your bad experience, we need to be on our toes about ID policy. So if I can clarify something, were you not treaded with respect? Or were you just not happy with the way your ID was asked for? Also was the store busy when you were in it? That can have alot to do with things. Our employees strive to give everyone the individual attention they deserve, because I ride them about it.

As for our prices, if you compare exact items with other shops in the area you will find that we are usually 10% or more cheaper. We do research this from time to time, or customers usually lets us know. We tend to have higher quality merchandise than the other guys, so that might make our prices seem higher. You do pay for what you get in this industry. I also know that none of the "other" places give you a GC 10% off either.

I hope you can give us another chance for something non N02 related sometime.

13. Been thinking about coming down to look for a nice US Tubes. Any goodies in stock vastyle?

14. Kulture on 18th in the Shockoe Bottom. Its the SHITTTT. Made the year I was living in Richmond tolerable. Best staff of any shop ive been too.

15. We have a ton of goodies in stock right now. We picked up US tubes last month, but haven't received our order just yet. Check out our site too...
    You'll only find these jars @

16. I have bought two pipes from them, the stores got good glass.

17. kultures son and a few others son .... but kultures has a great selection and some awesome ass slides

18. Charlottesville has Kulture, Roots< and just a little north Chucks enterprise.. he has a lot of heady pieces and roor...very large selection

19. Kultures is probably the best in Richmond, I've bought a Toro from there, a Syn, a Rasta Illadelph (most recent), and a few Sovereignty's from a buddy that got them from there.

20. #60 804, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2010
    Bump because the new hookah shop on Cary near the Byrd theater carries fake Roors and Roor diffused downstems (hideous, holes make no attempt to line up). Avoid it, the guy behind the counter was sketchy too. The downstems in the Roors he showed us had about a millimeter of play while in the tube, not to mention the horribly aligned perc, all while he said they were authentic with a straight face. They're charging full retail for them too.

Katra Gala is great, I got my first tube there (little ADS). I recently picked up a 18" Roor white label for 40% off from Kulture, and Green House Glass on Cary isn't bad either (cool, helpful employees, some very cool and discrete stash jars)