HELP! Problem or paranoia

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jhens95, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Hello all, this is my first grow and so far it has gone very well, I'd like to see it continue that way!

Plant is topped twice, about 20" full, and has ~4gal of soil in the pot

Problem?:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm 3 weeks into flowering, after watering today I realized my leaves were curling down just a little bit. When I went to remove my runoff I noticed the roots growing through the bottom of my pot. Normally I'd just transplant but I don't want to shock the plant if I don't have to. Will having these exposed roots (sometimes sitting in runoff) cause problems or is it something I can ignore?

Side note, I noticed a couple gnats in the grow room today so I could just be over watering my plant. I've read that also would cause the curling. After today's water I'm gonna be waiting an additional day or two between waterings

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. They always poke out the fabric bags and it help the plants get oxygen. Normally they break and die off in the air. It's nothing to worry about. Sucks to be root bound at that point in the bud cycle though. It may limit your harvest, but that should be a plenty big enough pot.

3. One last possible factor, my humidity has been at an all time high today fluctuating from 50-55%, debating bring my dehumidifier into the grow room

4. They don't look dark enough green for the curling to be caused by too much nitrogen. It's probably a watering issue. Too much/not enough look similar sometimes. You can tell by how heavy the pot is if you pick it up every time you water and get a feel for when it's empty. More or higher speed fans in the room will reduce humidity as well.

5. I was disappointed in myself for not going bigger! But this grow has been very experimental to me so I guess I'll know better next time! Any action I can take to help the situation or am I to late and better off leaving it alone?

6. If the pot feels wet leave them alone and lower the light. Check on them in a couple of hours and see if the curling is getting worse or if they are reaching for the light. I like to see my leaf tips sticking straight out but I'm 3 weeks in bud also and I'v noticed they kind of start randomly curling a little around the plant as it gets further into bud. It's kind of the natural cycle coming to an end. The plant starts to look more ragged in the leaves the more you get into bud.