HELP! PPMS AND PH MYSTERIOUSLY OFF THE F**KING CHART?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HawkeyePierce, Dec 24, 2016.

1. I've been vegging this sour diesel for a month now. Slowly started mixing bloom nutes with veg nutes in the last week and a half. Been slowly decreasing the lights down to 12/12 over the same time frame. PH has been about 6.5 going in and 5.5 running off. Consistently. Ppms have been about 300 to 350 going in AND running off. Consistenly. I transplanted 3 days ago using the same roots organics soil I've used all along. Feeding them today, I checked the runoff. I'm showing over 2k ppms and the ph is so acidic it's off the charts. What. The. Fuck. I've been so analytical. So premeditated. So precise. So consistent. Like, this does not even KIND OF equate. Does anybody have a freaking clue as to what in the everloving hell has happened??

2. I just started growing and feeding with Roots Organic, so I'm by no means a pro. I'm guessing that you're problem is adding nutes to fresh soil. The Roots soil comes loaded enough for a few weeks without adding bottled nutes. My vegging plants have had nothing but tap water for three weeks now and they're still looking great. Try holding off on the nutes for a while. Especially the bloom nutes. There's no need for those until a week or two after flipping to 12/12. Why are you making the flip to 12/12 gradually? Just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. I'm curious,are you ph'ing your water? If your growing in soil you don't want or need to ph your water and nute solutions! The soil corrects all that on its own. If you put in 300 ppm and get out 300 ppm then the plant is not taking it in,why cuz you got the ph wrong at the root zone. Stop ph'ing your water!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Hahahaha

Sent from Los' Santos

5. What's so funny homie?

6. Well, I think I figured out the problem. I had transplanted to bigger pots the day before. Only I never rinsed the pots out. The soil itself right out of the bag, is spot on at 6. Im thinking those pots must have had something really acidic in them, maybe coating the walls. When I say the run off was off the charts, the ph tested bright pink. Ppms over 2000. So after a hefty flushing wish some like... 9.5 phd water, the end result was a runoff of 6.2 ph and Ppms around 375. They're now back to looking healthy and all appears to be well.

Also, I ph my water because after the nutes are added, it's pretty acidic. But the runoff is supposed to be roughly the same going in ph and ppm wise. Maybe roughly a little more acidic coming out. That's what helps you determine if you're getting salt buildup and eventually nutrient lockout.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The only way soil would correct itself by adding non ph'd water, is if it had some dolomite lime in it to buffer.

8. I would absolutely not follow this advice for multiple reasons.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Lol I know but I appreciate the input.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Okay I guess this is all wrong as well!

11. Take s look at this!

12. If it's funny and you know things already,then why are you on here looking for help?

13. First off, you linked a forum post from a guy who can't even use basic punuaction or grammer from a forum that isn't even relavent.

Secondly, the "article" in question is an advertisement for that soil company written to look like a grow guide. There soil is a compost soil which doesn't require adjustment (like any compost mix.) The OP isn't growing in an organic compost mix.

I'm not saying you must pH your water for soil, I'm just saying I'd like to see some evidence. I've done side by sides and have watched non phd plants die, I'm sure you have as well. If you have a real scientific link I would love to read it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Reminds me of climate deniers, you do a simple Google search and you find 100 scientists telling you global warming is real. But you find 1 guy saying it's a hoax... That's all some people need.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #16 HawkeyePierce, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    Bro I was just being polite but if you insist, I'll answer that pissy question.

I said "I know" referring to you as being laughably incorrect. Not, "I know" as in referring to any preconceived solution to my original problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 1