help police thermal imaging

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by RG3K, May 5, 2013.

1. If I have 600w in one 4x4x8 room and vent hot air into a 10 x10x12 room would that pass flir detection. The house is between 50-80degrees, 50 at night 80during the day, but the grow room and vent room is constant 80 and sometimes 90 degrees Fahrenheit. I have windows shut with boards behind the curtains so no light leaks.

2. i kinda thought that was only for outdoor grows, and was to detect some characteristic of the plants? no way can get a search warranty because your house is a certain temperature?

3. Idk I searched Google and found some ppl talk in about it

4. Sounds good, consider renting a flir camera at your local home depot, post up a pic, for and after ...lol

peace
    "V"

5. How much is it to rent and if my house if 60-70 and the other 2 rooms r 80-90 is that a red flag for choppers

6. I don't get how flir can work against grow rooms. Plenty of ppl have hot spots in there house and or poor insulation

7. Well there's a difference between a hot spot and a hot ambient temp. One results from thousands of watts of high intensity lighting, one resultant from turning your central air up.

If you have a 600w light you're fine, it costs them more to fly that helicopter than they would bust in weed if they went after small time grows like that

8. Military helicopters fly over a few times a week tho

9. Do you live remote to a military base...

10. I live under there flight path for the trainees I believe but I'm way out in the country

11. i heard of a mexican cartel using liquid light cooling or something to avoid being detected it would probably be expensive as hell though

12. usa or elsewhere? call me crazy but I thought FLIR wasnt non admissable due to 4th amendment, illegal search and seizure.

If they got a warrant to scope you with FLIR they probably already have your electricity bills and ISP records too, so whats the point in spending $ on a couple fly overs?

13. [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=InJHDLNCRzc&feature=plpp[/ame] hears a good watch that should help there is a spot that tackles the flir cam issue

14. One 600w light is nothing to worry about :smoke:

15. I wouldn't worry about 600w. I've got more than that over my fish tank

16. Pretty sure they grow outdoors..........or do you think just they brick KGB into "shittown brown"?

17. Attached Files:

18. Thanks guys, I got military helicopters over the place almost weekly. There's a base on the other side of town and they fly over pretty low. Do military keep there four system on 24/7

19. Flir * *