Help!! Plumbing quetsion

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Cali Grown, May 11, 2011.

1. So I have a top feed system where there is a seperate tube running to each bucket. The problem is I am 3 weeks into flowering, cannot reach the plants in the back without the tubes, and many of them are starting to clog up and not pass water to my plants.

I was wondering if anybody knows if there is some type of watering wand that I can attach to my pump to water basically by hand? I have been trying to find something like this that I can use for the remainder of my flowering cycle till I can fix the entire system. really anything I can attach to a 1/2 inch hose that can be turned on and off, preferably with a long handle and some kind of trigger. I know they make these for garden hoses but I need one that can attach to the 1/2 hose from my 1000 GPH submersible pump. thanks for your help.

2. I think you just planned poorly on this one. What is preventing you from temporarily disconnecting the plants in your way and moving them?

3. Cali, sounds like a logistical issue that you can fix on your next run. In the mean time, if you want a watering "wand" attached to your pump, you can make one out of PVC and a ball valve. Better yet, maybe just a soft hose that you can pinch in half to stop the water momentarily. You'll eff up your pump if you run it against a stopping pressure for too long.

Good luck! Have you given thought to what you'll do to fix it for next time yet?

Cheers,
    Past

4. thank you both for your comments. Yea it was a poorly thought out set up. I relied too heavily on the top feed system to automate things and did not leave myself room to access the plants in the back. The next room will be at a different location and I will make sure to leave more room. I am also considering a different feed system. Anyway I just pulled the main hose from my pump off the drip lines and used that like a hose turned on/off with a power strip that has a switch. Not the best solution but at least all the plants will receive water.