Help pls.. Need some advice.. w/ pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by san2pot, Oct 11, 2011.

1. #1 san2pot, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011
    Hello, I was wondering if I would yield anything from this plant. Bagseed sativa, cfl/outdoor grow. Coming in at about 3 1/2 months old , 24/0 photoperiod. A bit of LST. Some minor nute burn here and there, I think. Started 12/12 about 2 1/2 months in but our cat jumped on the garbage bag I was using for cover and fell right in the middle and killed like a third of the plant(main stem). So I decided to reveg. Tried to save it with electirc tape but the damage was too much so it wilted within 24 hrs..It doesnt seem to be healing and as you can see the main stem is dead. Still got some good branches though. The cat has been nibbling most of my lower fan leaves. and about a couple of days ago the cat jumped again in the pot near the soil and somehow broke the taped part again! so I re-taped.But it looks like the damage was unbearable..I drizzled it with a bit of honey thought it might help. Should I just cut that big dead branch or wait for it to heal then switch to 12/12? Or shoud I Start 12/12 now? Its been like more than 2 weeks since the accident happened so it somehow branched out a bit.And will garlic and cayenne pepper juice work for some black and red spider mites? Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Pics below!

2. hmmm, damn cat.

no picture showed up?

3. If u have image links just put (img] before the link and. ( \img] after the link. But with the same brackets so it works

4. Maybe image shack doesn't work. Use tiny pic

5. links not working? having a bad internet connection right now..cant even go to tinypic..what are other image hosting sites? tried using attachments

Attached Files:

6. Looking good now

7. Azomax is good for bugs. Spelling?? Lol. Are u flowering indoors or out?

8. It would be hard for me to flower outside due to the weather and pests so I move it indoors when its nighttime and switch to cfls until the sun rises again . But when the sun is out I make full use of it..its really a cfl grow. I guess I can only flower inside and just put it out sometimes when the sun is really out..please i need some more advice !

9. I think it looks good. don't mess with the plant at all for a week... like don't touch it. leave it under cfls for now. how many watts are you using?

10. Thanks! Do you think i need 3 or more months to flower this? It looks like it just started to preflower maybe because of my lighting sched?

11. pre flowering happens when the plant is at maturity. you can flower now by leaving your plants inside under cfl lighting for 12 hours on and 12 hours off. make sure you have no light leaks during your night time period. if you have light leaks you can harm your plant. it is the 12 hours of darkness that allow the plant to create the hormones needed to produce buds. if you break the cycle by letting light get in the "timer" starts over.

12. im using about 140 watts...

13. thanks! and i thought i was doing something wrong ..i guess im just halfway to producing some bud..

14. Yep, can u arrange your lights all around ur plant so it gets more light to more places?

15. I would get at least another 100 Watts of 2700k cfl bulbs or a Hps light about 150 Watts if u only plan on one plant flowering at a time.

16. will that make a big difference for bud production? or can i just put it out when the weather is nice so that it could make up for the cfl..its just that i will have to move it alot. An hps would be too much for me..i only have like 4 pcs 23 watts 2700k (2 yellow 2 red) and 1 65 watt 6500k and another 23 watt 6500k..

17. Cfl bulbs are effective for like 4 inches then the do nothing. So the closer u can get those bulbs to ur bud sites the better. U will get bud like this but not the whole plant will produce.

18. nice advice..I guess i need some more light... thanks again dude! very much appreciated! One last thing..the sun here gets pretty harsh sometimes (philippines), will 4-6 hours of direct sunlight(full daylight) suffice? then the rest low light then just add more dark period? Or is it bad if I dont stick with one type of light period , say 12/12 then 10/14 .. Just want to benefit from the sun rather than just cfl and save energy too..

19. i am unsure of the weather in the Philippines but if you can leave them outside it would probably benefit ur plants more. as I said, I am not sure of your climate conditions. I grow completely indoors right now so I don't know about outdoors at all other than it saves the light bill. check the link in my sig (smile and critical jack) and you can see how my plant is doing with only cfl lighting.

20. nice grow..looks very tight and strong ..are they from clones? what type of strain is it? mine is unknown.. probably a landrace sativa..?