Help Please!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Old Toby, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Ok so I spotted my largest girl who has been flowering for 3 weeks and the bottom large fan leaves are turning yellow, also I spotted a large green root popping out over the soil. Is my plant root bound by any chance?:confused:

2. No idea, how large is your pot, and your plant?

3. I should have given the details lol! My plant is just under 6ft and the pot I have is a 3 gallon bucket.
    Heres some pics.:confused:

Attached Files:

4. I would say yes, rootbound. 6' high and a 3 gallon pot? Transplant it to a 5 gallon.
    But I'm no expert.

5. 1 gallon for each foot of height

6. it also has a small chance of being a potassium problem so adding a bit more to your mix might help if not its probably rootbound.

7. I was a little hasty before, yes the pots are too small but its too late for transplanting in this stage of the cycle

at a closer look I see some spotting, it may be nothing but this is the wrong time to go into severe lockout

To rule out PH related issues complete a soil runoff PH test.......
    with PH corrected water (6.5-6.8PH ) pour enough water in the pots so the water runs out the bottom of the pot ...collect & test the PH of this runoff water....
    If the PH reading is out of optimum range 6.5-6.8 PH, you need to flush your plant.
    Flush with PH corrected water, till in optimum PH range, 3 times the volume of the pots rule of thumb but may require much more flushing if the rootball is thick & sour
    EG: 1 gal pot = 3 gal. flush
    add 1/2 strength nutes to the last gallon of the flush.

8. how long will it take after doing the test and correction
    for the plant to resume normal growth???

9. If your talking about this plant here , it hasnt stopped in growth, the cloroisis is only a sign the plant is feeding on its self, & this one has only just begun, & also its entirely possible that there is nothing wrong with this plant & if the ferts scheduling were correct it should start running out of ferts at the end of the cycle, which is pretty soon by the looks of the buds

this is however a very crucial time, in that overferts and out of balance PH can shut down yield and resin production

which is why I asked for the PH test,......

10. check out my new pics in the sick forum and give me some advice please!!!

11. Thanks for the help guys!
    I cant believe that I wont be able to transplant:mad:
    I will attempt to flush and check the ph today:)

12. Dude, you can still transplant but make sure your root-ball is dry
    and dont break any of the roots either, this will further shock
    your girl! with no chance for recovery before harvest.

you should prolly transplant the rest to since theyre prolly close to being potbound as well!

I transplanted 5 weeks into bud before, I had to transplant,
    and they turned out a little smaller then the ones that i never had to
    transplant, but they still grew some more.

Better then not growing anymore at all, cause thats pretty much what would have happened if I avoided transplant.
    good luck.

13. why would you tell the man to transplant, when by your own volution
    you claimed the time you did this it affected the yield???

anything detriemntal you do after the 5th week affects your yield and resin poduction, your post backs this statement up.

14. Well I figured cause they stopped growing for a week before that,
    and then after I transplanted, it took about another week for them
    to resume normal growth again...
    thats also why I said to make sure to do it when the rootball was dry, and not to damage it...

so I guess you think this is a bad idea, and you wouldnt do it yourself?

15. I was talking about this mans plants not yours, his didnt stop growing

are you cross posting again? talking about your stuff overe here???

16. LoL,no im not cross posting again,
    I was just using my plants as an example, I just think he should transplant before his plants stop growing like mine did.
    if hes really careful, he should be able to do it without stressin them out no....?

17. To transplant at 5 weeks is not wise.

18. do you have any fisrt hand experience, or are you gettin your info out of a book? I did it and they were fine so quit copying Ganja's words, besides that, I dont take advice from fellow newbies, only from those who know more then myself.Peace

19. Below is your answer. It happened to me in1975.

[quote name='suspect']I transplanted 5 weeks into bud before i had to transplant, and they turned out a little smaller then the ones i never had to transplant
    [COLOR=#]

Why? mmmmk I only have 100 + post, but that means just that. I got here late. Crusify me judge, jury, and God you are not.

20. I think that you should read my replies again. i transplanted @ 5 weeks into bud and they took off again after being potbound for a week with no noticable growth.....I'm curious though as to what you think I shouldve done. do you actually think that they wouldve been better off without the transplant? maybe when you did it in 75, you fucked up the roots or some shit to further stress the plant.
    all i know is that mine turned out great considering......so!