Help please I think I just killed my plants.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sorrowawaits, Dec 23, 2015.

1. #1 sorrowawaits, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2015
    This is my first time growing outdoors.
    I have two plants, which were planted in the garden.
    They've been growing for about 14 weeks, and are pretty big.
    I thought I'd pull them up and put the into some large plant pots, because they're getting way too much sunlight, and not enough darkness for them to be able to start flowering.
    The plan was to put the plant pots in my garage, where it's totally dark at 7pm, and get them out at 7am each morning for 12 hours, so that I could force them to flower.
    I pulled them an hour ago (about 11am) and put them into the pots with some moist, loose, free draining soil, and a bit of compost (grass clippings, coffee grounds and vegetable scraps)
    I checked on them just now, and they're hunching over and wilting.
    Are they doomed?
    Is there any way to save them?
    Please help me!

2. Yes, that's correct.

3. ummmmmm.....yea..............send my condolences lol j/k but you might be in a bit of trouble if you literally pulled them from the ground...big no no!

4. #5 sorrowawaits, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2015
    ....Fuck.
    I've put them in the dark for now so the leaves don't brown off.
    I made sure I gathered all the roots intact when I put them into pots.
    Hopefully they'll manage to re-establish themselves before the entire plants die.

5. if the roots are in tact in everything and you where extra extra careful, then they might just be in a bit of shock, give em some time and some b-1 or recharge...and she might bounce back, but id be real light on the hand with any waterings or moving them right now..

6. and def hold off on flowering them out right now until theyre back to norm... so back in the light if i were u until she bounces back.

7. You need aeration then for proper drainage. And when you say compost, did you actually let it break down or did you just mix that stuff in your soil?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

8. i was actully wondering the samething, jus forgot to ask good catch illest

9. I made sure it'd broken down first.
    I'm not completely retarded.

I just haven't grown outdoors before.

10. If they r not completely dead yet and you replanted them, go to the garden store and buy root hormone used for cloning. Mix it in with water and water you plants. Energy will be directed to rebuilding the root system so you need to be patient. It won't grow or mature until the root system can support it which means you will also have to wait a little longer for flowering too. Although it will take longer patience will be rewarded.

11. I would be willing to bet (assuming you have critical reasoning ability and I bet you do!) That they are just suffering from some P-PTSD and will bounce back if you hit em' with good light and talk sweetly to them. I would recommend being easy with the water as the pot can get soggy in the bottom while their roots are repairing and re-acclimating. We did what you are doing (not the ripping part) last season. Portable pots to move into the dark (from sun up to whatever works out to 12/13 hours putting them back out after dark) and it worked GREAT! We had ours in by the weeks before "high season" began. Everywhere I go outside major college towns get a little dry around harvest time but we where sitting pretty while all around us it was swag or nothing.

Watched a documentary from Malawi or somewhere where the local farmers do the portable pot method so they can hide the plants when the popo eradicator patrol come through lookin' for them. It worked great. It was A LOT of work.

Curious to what your grow medium/fertzl are.

mrS0ul
    Stick around while the clownwho is sickdoes the trick of disaster...

12. Give it done super thrive and maybe some pro-tekt

KHALI's first grow
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1388184-Khali-first-grow-project

second grow
    ice &afghani grow
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1391811-Khali's--ICE-&-Afgani#1