Help please :) first time growing! greatly appreciate all the help

Discussion in 'Security' started by DnA143, Jan 12, 2011.

1. First off i want to thank you for your time to help me :) So heres were it starts i have a 25 inch tall 55 inch wide and 14 inch's deep dresser thats completely hollow. all that i left was the top drawer (somewhere for the grow lights to sit) im looking to get ten ak 47 seeds. the questions i need answered are what type of soil i should get and how big should the pots be that i plant my seeds, what type of light bulbs i should get(how many, size, and type [looking for a good price]). also i need to know whats good and cheap for trapping the smell (i.e. cutting up a carpet and coating the inside then layering the carpet with what should reflect the light) And one final question. what material reflects the light best(and inexpensive.) TY All! please dont give advice if you have no experience :) i just want the best out come (money is a huge issue behind all this and looking for short cuts to save $$ looking for an overall price of 100-200$ if possible

2. #2 RO76, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
    This is the wrong spot for this topic... or may be not...

I have no experience, but I can tell you that $200 not going to be enough...
    I do not know anything about soil but what I have heard that you can not go with the cheap one... Pots-3 gallon black pots should be good enough($3).Speaking of light bulbs, you can use T5 light bulbs (fixture with light bulbs will run you around $40+) .T5 lights will be good for the early stages of your plants(GERMINATION) 18-24 hours .Then you can switch to Metal halide (MH) 18 hours (Runs from $14 to over a hundred $$ per bulb) vegetation . When entering flowering stage then you can switch to High pressure sodium(HPS) lights (runs from $14 to over a hundred $$ per bulb) 12 hours. But keep in mind that HPS and MH light need a ballast ($90-$500). Also you need a reflector ($25-$300)...To reduce odor you can use carbon filter ($40-$$$), Also you need thermometer/hydrometer ($9-$25) to know what is going on in your grow room . Also water testers , to check quality of you water ($20-$160). Also you need nutrients for your plants and those can easily run $80+
    Do not forget about fan($20) and inline fan for your carbon filter ($60-$$$)... oh yeah Mylar ($20) highly reflective film .
    Again, I have no experience and I am not giving you any advice, just giving you rough estimation on how much you should expect to spend..
    P.S.You can get (HPS) or(MH) combos (Bulb,reflector,ballast) from $120-$650...
    P.P.S. I did not realized 'till the last moment that you are trying to set up micro grow...

3. thanks for ur info but im really looking for specifics for my room i have to work with and is there one bulb that will work the entire grow process instead of switching as it ages

4. Some people do grow with T5's but you have to remember that LIGHT it self it is not just enough. You need a right SPECTRUM and (LM)LUMEN. If I am not mistaken(correct me if I am wrong) that T5 bulb has blue spectrum similar to MH but can not produce as much LMs as single MH bulb .But during flowering process you need more of RED SPECTRUM -HPS light.
    I guess you can skip MH and use T5 till flowering and then switch to HPS...Or you can probably skip HPS and MH and grow your plants under T5s but results will not be (I am guessing) as good and product quality will be inferiur compare to plants that flowered under red spectrum high LM lights...

5. dude 200$ will easily get your mini cab started. i bought my 2 T5's for 38$sumthin. I bought 25sq ft of panda film(reflection material) for 20$ my nutes cost the most. my fox farm line up all together was around 50 $ sumthin. and my cab/ dresser was free. you need to shop around b4 u start building it and u can easily make a bigger grow cab for 200$.

6. #6 RO76, Jan 13, 2011
    Someone told me that you get around 30 grams(of dry product) per plant under 400W HPS on average.So what about T5s?
    P.S.Just trying to expend my knowledge .

7. #7 DnA143, Jan 13, 2011
    wow so far this is getting me pumped to start |) another question i have is what bulbs are better cfl or t5 bulbs and since ill only have inchs to spair do these bulbs damage crop if to close. (ak 47 seeds - should i get regular or ferminated?)

8. :wave::wave:is there a better spot for this topic if so could someone please copy n paste this problem in the better spot and redirect me there. (every letter i type is with a wii remote and unfortinutely no luxury of copy paste lol) TY!

9. you can get over 30grms per plant under any light over a 100watts. if you lst, or scrog the shit out of it. cfls will not put to much heat off at all. but if your goin with cfl, make sure you get 65k cfls not the low light ones, and get actual wattage not equivalent.