Help please, first grow 6 weeks

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rispeed, Jul 27, 2006.

1. First grow is about 6 weeks, the plants are in 3.5 gallon pots the roots are starting to grow out of the stalks near the base little pointy white roots ? is this bad ? do i need to flower them because i think transplanting is out of the question.

2. Do you mean the roots are comming out of the bottom of the pot? If so you have to transplant them.If you cant just hope it doesnt get root bound or anything.

3. 6 weeks old, in 3.5 gallon pots and this guy thinks you should transplant?

NO...!!

No offence bagz but thats completly wrong... just because a few roots are showing out of the holes does NOT mean there's no more room to grow... the upper roots can still grow out far more. Let them grow. They will tell you when they need to be transplanted, if they need to be... (eg. stunted growth, droopy leaves, etc)

An easy method to go by is this:

A 1ft plant can grow nicely in a 1 gallon pot...
    A 2ft plant can grow nicely in a 2 gallon pot... etc

I'm guessing your plant isn't over 3ft yet so let it grow mate.

Good luck

4. The bigger the pot the better.And as you can see I said just hope it doesnt get root bound. Yes you can grow in that pot but there is always the possibility the roots outgrow the pot.

5. OK everyone seems to have read it wrong.. it's not that hard!

He asked about roots coming out of the stem a little above ground level... mines doing it too!

6. Lol :eek: oh i see now.... nah that's completly normal man...!! It happens alot with clones, and is completly normal so yea dont worry about it

7. Yes cool, okay i will not worry about it :)

Ryan

8. weed everyday hey hey hey

9. lol...yous are all crazy...:smoking:

10. crazy in love with you.............i am thoroughly fucked up and its about time to crash

11. sounds like i should be coming with but i only do females...not furry animals..thats me in my av if thats you in yours you need to find another breed!!