Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Help please! Cfl question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Soad1234, Mar 19, 2012.

1. I am growing 2 perfectly healthy auto strain plants. My 125 watt Hydrofarm cfl bulb shorted out today after only 125 hours of total use. I have no backup plan so I am using 5 23 watt cfl bulbs I had laying around. Will this be enough to support my plants for 5-7 days until I receive my new light?

2. You need 100 watts per plant and 50 more watts for every added plant. You've got 115 watts which is enough for 1 plant.

3. [quote name='"Mashiro"']You need 100 watts per plant and 50 more watts for every added plant. You've got 115 watts which is enough for 1 plant.[/quote]

Yes but I am not trying to perform an entire grow with this setup. I just need it to hold me over. Will it die? I'm not into flowering yet so I don't think it should effect yield.

4. Nah, it's not going to die. For a week, it might have some negative changes to it, but I'm no expert. But I can tell you, that it's not going to die with 115 watts on them.

5. That shit wouldnt die if you had 1 cfl on em.

Im currently using 4 23 watt cfls to flower my 2 plants.

Ill probably end up with about 10 grams

6. [quote name='"ar2orion11"']That shit wouldnt die if you had 1 cfl on em.

Im currently using 4 23 watt cfls to flower my 2 plants.

Ill probably end up with about 10 grams[/quote]

That's such a relief, man! I was so worried that I was gonna lose them! Thanks for your help!

7. Lol who makes these rules?

And you'll be just fine. You'd even be fine with 4, 2 on one and 2 on the other. They ain't gonna grow a ton in the mean time, but they definitely won't die man.

8. It about the same it will still grow and if shit hit the fan you can rock out till harvest and still pull a oz