Help Please before its too late!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by MiMedthumb, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Hello here are some pics of my babies, please tell me what to do so I can save them before its too late....They are about 1 month into veg. I use GH brand newt system, and followed the directions to a T using the grow schedule on their website. It looks like a burned the crap out of these girls but I cant figure out how, or it could be not enough nutes maybe? I use RO PH adjusted water and my ph is at 6.5 when I water them, however im not sure how to tell ppm and ph inside the soil.

I have been flushing for a few days with ph adjusted water and FloraKleen, Can anyone tell me what exactly happend / is happening thanks!

Attached Files:

2. it looks like you have spider mites pretty bad. get some neem oil & start spraying.

the strange growth looks like a salt burn........

read through this to learn how to get your pH and PPM readings from the soil. let us know what they are......your PPMs may be too high in the soil.

dont use FloraKleen for flushing.............it doesnt make any difference if you use that or water, take it from someone who has worked around plants for most of their life.....the science behind the components in "flushing" products just don't make sense.

-OSUB

3. #3 MiMedthumb, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
    Yes I did have a spider mite infestation on a few plants, and its now under control via AzaMax and neem oil...Dont take clones from other people is the lesson learned behind that lol.

Well I will take your advice then and not use florakleen anymore. Even though its now comming with a cool new sticker on it for a "Kleen" look.

I just hope these few plants come back, I know I followed the directions very well, so not sure how I over fed them if thats the case tho. Anyways ill post ph and ppm in a bit

Edit: on a side note ive been reading the post you linked, and I am interested in foliar feeding to help these plants eat because ive been flushing the soil for the last few feeds. Not sure if thats the proper thing to do on a burned plant though. I have Diamond nectar, but im not sure what else to put in the mix and at what concentrations. Im using the GH brand of products.

4. Also one more question that might have something to do with this. So I used to have hard water really bad until I got the RO unit. I am still using the Hardwater version of the base nutes, because I didnt want to throw it out. Would this be effecting it? is there any difference if you use hardwater base nutes if you dont have hardwater?!Thanks OSUB you are pro! PS this is my first grow Im thinking about starting a journal in case something happens to get some help.