Help plants look like they're dying

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Newbengrower, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Hi have 3 plants here one already died, they're in coco been under a 600 for about a week now, been feeding a and b in water don't really know if I've been giving enough or too little. They seem to be dying and I dunno what I'm doing wrong. Any info would be perfect, tried moving the light away in case of heat still the same. Here's a photo thanks

Attached Files:

2. So far I have basically got 4 cuttings, moved them straight into those pots about a week ago put them under the light gave them nute water mix and they just seem to be dying. I don't know anything about run offs an ecs an things either complete novice just wandering if anyone can see where I'm going wrong

3. i just turned my 400w down to 300watts recently,, do this and watch them spruce back up,, also is it 100% coco?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Can't turn it down its just a basic 600w light lol and yea 100% coco

5. little to no nutirents in it, but idk how it drains ive never used coco,, back it off til the corners of those leaves uncurl,, u see how they curl up they are trying to stop some of that light and or heat!

6. if ur over 80 degrees its too hot,,,, they may live up to the mid 80's but its not optimal, and u can have problems also

7. Are you saying don't put any nutes in or there are none in it? And you think I should raise the light? It's already a good 3 feet away

8. Could be that, I'm still waiting on my fan an thermometer to turn up

9. hard to tell if its overfed, but if the tips of the leaves are crisp and burned looking use plain water a few times.

10. ive seen them do coco perlite mixed but idk ratios.. that there looks like it'd hold a watering for a week lol.

11. The problem I'm having with watering too is I have no idea how much to put in, on one hand people are saying I'm over watering it yet on the other people are saying I need to get 20 percent water to come out the bottom of the pot I just don't get it

12. use pinky to feel around in spots of the medium near plants,,, if its wet dont water, if its dry water,,, also they are just saying make sure u wet it all good, altho ur plants small, wet the whole container thru, but only hwen its dry about 1/2 inch, if u can go an inch cool too,,, also u can tell when its dry by lifiting the corner of the pot,, if its heavy, theres water, if its lighter it needs water,,, also plants that size with optimal temps and humidity can sometimes go 4-5 days without a watering! these are just examples and my opinions...

13. You think I should leave the water for a few days then give it a good water with just water alone? And when you water, looking at my pots how much water would you put in there? Ie a cup a litre or what? Cheers mate

14. again idk what you've given it or if it passes the pinky test for time to water or not, if i was to feed id give them 1/4 strength.
    this is why they told you to just water til 20% of what ur putting in runs off, then you know how much it will hold, normally and run thru.

at that size i could give them 1/2 a gal- 3/4 of a gal in 5 gal planters, usually wont get up to the full gallon until flower time, and if that.

15. 1 Gallon [Fluid, US] = 3.7854118 Liters

1 Gallon [Dry, US] = 4.4048838 Liters
    1 Gallon [UK] = 4.54609 Liters

16. #16 levitateme, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    600 watts is s lot of light for a smaller plant, move your light to the plant until it reaches around 80 degrees, I go by the weight of the plant when watering, I usually don't feed my plant the first month there should be enough nutrients in a good (fox farms) soil for a month

17. What pH water are you putting in? If you're not measuring that, I would wager that's the problem. Good luck, seems like you haven't done much research based on some of the questions you are asking... Hope you figure it out.

18. Yea ordering a ph kit now lol and well tell you the truth I did the research and it just isn't sticking, think I've made it harder choosing coco an things. I've never grown anything in my life lol

19. Here's a couple more photos 2 plants with the dying one seem to be okay all fed on the same water and things.

Attached Files:

20. Coco has 0 nutes in it, so if you want the plant to eat you have to feed it, from start to finish