HELP! Plants getting to big 5" from led!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cici20, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Hi everyone,

I started my 3rd week of flowering yesterday, and i am worried that my plants will get to close to my lights or even worse they will reach the top of my tent. They keep growing vertically daily at this rate in a few days they will hit the roof. I added a second light a couple days ago because the plants got so big that my 375w led wasn't doing it so i added a second led 175w.
    Please help any advice or sould they stop growing vertically now ?
    IMG_0443.JPG IMG_0444.JPG IMG_0446.JPG IMG_0442.JPG

Thanks[/ATTACH]

2. I think your only option at this point is supercropping. You can find videos on youtube demonstrating the process.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think you should super crop and LST. Of course you will need some pretty long tie downs but it will be well worth the effort with a better yield.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Basically pinch the stems a few feet down and fold over the branches. Try not to snap them. You can also tie them down with thick string. It looks like you have some room in there. Tie them down in a clockwise circle. Right rear plant gets tied down forward towards tent flap. Right front plant gets tied to left. Left front plant gets tied back and Left rear plant gets tied to the right.

I grow with platinum light too and out of all the LED's they need more light distance than most. I have mine at about 18-26 inches. My platinums burn by plants at about 14-16". Light tolerance depends on strain as well. It looks like you have a very light tolerant strain. Sativas are like that. They're hard to burn and can get closer to the light then indicas.

• Like Like x 2

5. i think i will try super cropping the stems that are closest to the led's , is it a good idea to super crop in the 3rd week of flower? Shouldn't they stop stretching at this point? I have no light burn yet! they are different strains Girls scout cookies, la cookies, ice cream, lsd, jacked up and blue cheese.

6. Ideally you would have finished all your training by 2 weeks in flower at the latest but that's your only option right now IMO. They're still finish. I can't believe I can see a top in between the two lights in the picture. If those were HID lights they would have caught fire. I can't believe they don't even look light stressed.

• Like Like x 2
  7. How high is that table your plants on sitting on? remove it and maybe get another 6"???

8. Supercrop them.

9. Keep some duct tape on hand for any broken stems...just tape them up if damaged.

10. I have got my drainage tray and pump under the table, That is as low as i can go.

11. I supercroped them today and got 12' now from my led's, i hope they will recover well so late into flower! IMG_0450.JPG IMG_0448.JPG IMG_0449.JPG IMG_0451.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. What strain is that?

13. Girls scout cookies, La cookies, Ice cream, jacked up, Lsd and blue cheese

• Like Like x 1
  14. That tents gonna look ridiculus when flowering lol! Nice super crop it should recover. Good luck

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. thanks, will update.

16. IMG_0454.JPG IMG_0455.JPG the tops are growing upward from the super cropping, all is good so far :)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Hey everyone, after solving the issue with plant getting to big i super cropped them and they finally slowed down growth, now i am in my 6 - 7 week of flower and i am wondering how much more will the buds fatten up and ideas?

thanks IMG_0849.JPG IMG_0849.JPG IMG_0851.JPG IMG_0852.JPG IMG_0853.JPG

18. they gonna swell up mad in the next few weeks

• Like Like x 1