Help! Plants dying

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by beginergrow, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Definitely a PH lockout as stated. Buy some ph down and google the Ph of tap water in your area. Plants suffer at PHs below 6.2 in soils/peat mixes and then 5.6 in Hydro/non-soil mediums.. The plant will get to acidic and burn the leaves up.. high alkaline ph of 7.0ph in soil/peat mixes and 6.4ph in Hydro/non soil mediums can cause leaf and plant deformity and also lock out uptake of nutrients. The plant displays this lockout by chewing its own leaves up and displaying numerous deficiencies.. if I was you I'd buy bottle water which has ph on label and add a couple teaspoons of pure lemon juice per gallon on 7.2ph water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks for advice. I still use the tap water, I couldnt find a Ph tester in my area. The worst looking plant died yesterday but the other one looks ok, it just seems that its not growing buds bigger.

3. Oh, great ganja god is not pleased. You killed one of her plants. Not good. I suggest you appease yourself by learning a little more on your next grow. Good luck to you.

4. Are you in the Brazilian jungle?

J

5. Thanks
    thanks, its my first time so just learning.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lol, no im not in jungle. I will buy it but not for this grow

7. So I don't know what to do, some of the leaves are looking bad, like some defeciency, but most of the leaves are looking good. What should I do? Flush it one more time or add some phosphorus?

Attached Files:

8. Good learning experience but bro just trash that shit and start over nothing worth really smoking will come off of that imho...If you don't want to have to worry about pH and want to take the lazy man's route and not build your own soil just get you some Advanced Nutrients that way you kill two birds with one stone quality base nutrients and no pH meter necessary.

Sent from my A1P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I will wait for this to grow till end, maybe flushing will help. Next grow I will make supersoil and I wont use nutes!

10. So ph 7.0 is too alkaline and in ph 6.2 plants will suffer, so whats normal for them? Ph 6.5???

11. Ph kit - $18 on Amazon ships straight to your door. You still need it for this grow or your others are sure to die as well. Don't think about it just do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Ok but amazon shipping will take way too long to my country. I will try to get Ph meter next week. But when I get it, what next? What if the Ph is ok? and whats the best Ph, 6.5 ??? For me it looks like maybe it's potassium deficiency. What do you think?

Attached Files:

13. You said you have been giving nutrients right? Then it's because your ph is out of whack. Unless your tap is very "hard" then adding nutrients will only make your water very acidic. My guess is that it's super low in ph and that's why they are dying so quick. There isn't much to do besides stop giving nutes and only give distilled water, but your plant will starve before harvest. I would chop what you have or let it go until they die and maybe you can smoke what you have. You can always expedite shipping I'm sure? I think there are ways to naturally adjust ph but if you don't know what it is to begin with it won't do you much good. You really won't get far without a ph kit. You really have to do some research on what makes these plants happy. They aren't like regular flowers unfortunately and need serious tending too. Good luck and hopefully you can salvage a little to smoke on for your efforts!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Yeah but I stopped giving them nutrients two or three weeks ago. Next week I will get the Ph kit or maybe even sooner. I want to save it and not chop right now :( The buds are tiny. Yeah I understood that now, so many problems with them :D Thanks, I hope my next grows will be much better.

15. Ph 6.5 is good yes

16. Next grow will be outdoors, but in future maybe I will try indoor again and make a closet grow or smth like that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ok thanks

18. This hobby is an investment. Before purchasing too much read these forums for like 3 months and decide what style you like so as little money as possible is wasted. I personally like pure organic just because it's a lot less work and much cheaper once you're up and going. Lights are you're most important food.

19. Yeah, I just started and I dont know yet whats the best style for me. Indoor for me probably is not the best choice because I have to leave the house for a week or sometimes less and the plants get cfl light only three or four days a week and other days when im away they get only sunlight which is also minimal because now its winter and I live in eastern europe. So I think I will try outdoor growing in summer, just have to find some good spots were nobody can see me and plants. When I will have my own private space then I will try something like a closet grow. Do you make your own soil organic?