help plants all growing at different rates???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sambo, Dec 30, 2004.

1. hi can someone please give me some advice,im growing 4 plants (skunk#11) seeds a friend gave im using a hydroponic set-up 250watt light,they are now into almost the third week of flowering and becoming rather smelly i might add,,i am growing them in a walk in cupboard 6ft high by approx 5ft square,i have managed to sex them i think they are all male as no balls are visible just wee white pistil-hair type things,,when i germinated the seeds three sprouted shoots and one didnt so i started rooting the first three and germinated another seed which followed the previous into the transplant cube approx 5 days later,,now all was going fine i thought as i expected that one seed to be a bit behind the others in growth,,but all four plants are growing at completely different rates each being slightly smaller than the next,dthe tallest one is about 4ft,ranging down to about 2ft,,im baffled they are all getting the same amount of feed?,and are on a 12hr light cycle does anyone have any ideas wots up,,and as this is my first grow how much in the way of buds can i look forward to:):):),,many thanx 4 ur time:)

2. many thanx for the info all the plants are in 3inch transplanting cubes in a tray with root spreader mat underneath and white card over the top cutout for the cubes,to reflect the light all of that is sitting on top of a long basin were i put the nutrient mix,which is pumped around the plants,,they are looking healthy enough,,i have a ph tester which i use whenever i make a new feed up and i keep the ph at 6-6.3 is that to high or low?,,i make up a new feed once a week they havent been under any stress from lack of or to much light cause i have the light set on a timer,,do u think that when im changing the nutrient mix i should try heating the water i read somewere that a heater for the water is recommended,,could that be stressing them?,,also at the minute the tallest plant is about 2ft away from the light,and i cant move the light up anymore,i dont want it to burn ive heard about topping plants to stop height and encourage bushiness instead wot u think,,again ta4 the input much appreciated,:)

3. ;) nice timing

4. new to hydraponics myself,The white sheet apparently it lets light penetrate it, may do damage to the roots?,use black ,cover those cubes to stop algea growing and keep those cubes up off the tray use a tile spacer,your ph is ok but the optimum ph is 5.8 for hydra,heating mat is an option, i heat my solotion like this put it into a 25 lt container fill the bath with hot water and let the container sit for maybe an hour,why you think they stressed?so all those seeds you germinated turned female ;) you 1 lucky lady not having to worry about taking the males out,train it drill a few hole in the lip off your tray and use string to train,loads of stuff on her or o/g regarding training seeing they are in flower I wouldnt top or fim think that would stress them out more imhop,you measure your nutes with a truncheon? have yuo and intake fan or extract seeing its a cupboard they need fresh air,
    hope this helps
    T J

Attached Files:

5. hi thanx for reply,i dont have a fan or extraction system set up,will get fan asap,i thought cause the cupboard was so big itd be ok without one,silly question here but wots a trunchoen?,im using nutrients i got along with the kit im using to grow plants,'vita link' grow and bloom 3ml per ltr of water am using a measuring cup to work out quantities,thanx for the tip about not trimming them incase it stresses them ill leave well alone,and start training them with string instead,,thought they might be stressed because they are all growing at such different rates,,cause all the seeds were shooted at the same time bar one which was about 5days later,,i thought they would all be the same size,,,cant wait till they are ready to smoke:D ,,how much longer do you think its gonna be before the buds start to form?,,its been three weeks now at flowering is it true it can be as long as 6 or 7 weeks?,,:smoke:

6. i think you'll find that the reason they are growing at diffrent rates, is because skunk#11 is a sativa, it'll grow fast, tall, but take longer to flower, sometimes upto 11-14 weeks really depends on conditions, but it may get close to that 6' of height you have, i did one and had to tie it over about a foot and a 1/2.......Peace out...Sid

7. aaah i didnt no that ta very much sid,,,:smoke: :smoking: :D