help Plant is rapidly dying and Id like to save it

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by OregonInTheSouth, Oct 25, 2015.

1. I started this plant mostly as an experiment - will it grow??
    Germinated quickly, grew quickly, however I live in an area that is very hot in summer but where it is not legal(yet). So I had to grow it on my patio more or less in indirect sunlight so it could be hidden.
    Eventually buds came up and they smell delicious. Buds are still growing in the "crotch" where the leaves are.
    It started to get cold out so I found a place indoors, and put a 60watt gro bulb 4 inches from the top, I read that some ppl just use one grow bulb...
    I am a semi-newbie, I am originally from a place where weed is grown plentifully, I used to help a friend w a large hydro setup with rock wool and timers, the whole bit.,,
    I should mention, I housesat a cpl days ago so I put it out in the backyard so it would get full sun. Instead it got rain and ants, so I had to re-pot the plant with fresh soil.
    Obviously it needs more light - I did give it small amts of nitrogen when it was growing up. Recently I used a little 1-0-1 flowering plant food (trying to save it).
    Attached is a pic. The buds are fine and in fact they kept growing taller and taller. How do I save this plant and get more leaves? Do I need to just cut it and try again?
    P.s. I have heard of ppl who keep the same plant for years and just cut the buds off when they are ready. Like a bonzai tree, the stalk gets thick and the plant gets beefy. True? I know if I don't harvest these little buds they will hermie or get "bananas," so what's my best choice here? I'd like it to keep living - it used to look much better but now the leaves have turned in the past cpl days. Help!

Attached Files:

2. Very first mistake is the clay pot, dump it quick, or line the inside with lunch wrap
    as the clay sucks in water you are trying to feed to your plants, a 3 usgallon or 15 litre will do you well

second is the light, spend the cash and get a 400w Mh/hps
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YXDHX6/ref=twister_B0... is a goody

as you know it takes space to grow good weed, find and dedicate some area to the cause
    and study some start with this even get the book
    http://forum.grasscity.com/blog/1093/entry-12822-1...

You need to decide if you want bud now or a big plant next spring, tho you can harvest some
    bud now once the trics are clear white or amber, keeping her on 12x12 lighting
    once you have taken the bud, return her to 18/6 lighting, will return her to vegging state in about 2-3 weeks
    thats how you control the plant growth thru light times ...think about that, and new leaves will develop

soil is just as important as the light ..find the best you can if not go Fox Farm ocean forest
    and mix in 30% perlite to assist in drainage
    Don't be the typical newbie, you have to commit to this, with time and money, but you get 'heaps' back in return

good luck

3. Good advice that's the kind of stuff I needed. Ok, I will change pots for sure (however I should mention it seems to take like 3 days for the soil to dry out).

I cannot currently invest a whole lot, but I know this can be done on a budget. I knew I messed up by not allowing adequate lite growing up, but I was limited by local laws :(

The top buds are pretty much ready, they have orange hair all over. It's good to know I can clip them and still keep it growing. The leaves were green and perfect a week or two ago, and then they got overwatered.

The edges of the leaves feel a bit crispy, they are doing that "claw" thing.

If it ends up dying, I'll be glad I got some free bud. I would have liked more than like two bowls, but I suppose I will just try again using what I now know: LIGHTING is EVERYTHING! As soon as summer went away and I had to bring her indoors, she just went downhill. I'll keep you posted.

A 3 gallon pot? This plant has a rootball the size of a golf ball, are u sure that's not too big for right now? I might just line it for now like you said.

Thank you! Maybe my next post will have a better pic with it as she is in intensive care ;)

4. The deal here is to get her out of that pot, into a black 3 usgallon pot quick!!!

with good soil and lights, see this as training you, so next grow time

you 'bounce' back with the smarts to grow on ....forever

good luck