Help... plant is dying

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Cory Abada, May 26, 2010.

1. Here is a picture of my plant, it is devolping brown and yellow and white spots on all the leaves. the plant is roughly about 2 weeks old and i dont know what to do for it. Any solution for it would be great.

Attached Files:

2. If you need more photos showing the spots more clearley, let me know and i will upload them,
    Thanks

3. What type of soil, and what type of light/how much?

4. Have you been feeding it?

5. its the normal potting soil, it says it has mirical grow in it. i usually leave it in the sun light from 8am-7pm. i have been watering it when the soil looks dry. with in a couple it went from green to spotted and yellowing. I don't know what the problem is.

6. Didn't you read up before starting? Miracle-Gro is a no-no. Plants do sometimes survive in it, but the nutrients it has are way too hot. Especially for a seedling.

I would say your soil is killing your plant.

7. Oh really, i did not read that. Its funny though because all the other plants i grew were in the soil i am using now. I am going to switch the plant into different soil and see how that goes. I'll post updates

Thanks

8. Ya like I said it can work, but it is well known to kill a lot of plants. Try something organic, and put some stones at the bottom, or buy some perlite to help with drainage.

9. Those pics are too dark for me to see but one thing I can think of is are you checking your pH when you water it? You want your water to be pH 6.5-6.8 to make sure you aren't locking out any nutes.

Also what is your lighting like? You say you leave it in the sun for 11 hours, so I assume you move it to other light sources at other times? The plants won't like being moved around all the time between different light sources.

10. Yea i usually use water from a filtered system so the ph levels are not a problem. i believe the plant has finally stop turnning colors lol and is just staying in its current condition. the plant is actually still growing and the second node is well on its way and is showing no spots.....yet lol. Thanks for the replys. Today i will be transfering the plant ino normal potting soil and then we will see how it goes from there.