Help, Plant Dying/stopped Growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KingKush237, May 23, 2014.

1. #1 KingKush237, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
    Okay, so I started growing on the first of May, and my plants have been through a lot ( It's a learning experience). I thought I finally adjusted everything perfectly but my plants seem to not be getting better and perhaps worse. I am unable to identify this new problem I am having. I've attached pictures of my three plants (taken on the 22 of May). YES, I KNOW, they are small. I have went through almost every problem a grower can go through. As I've said they have been through a lot. This is my first grow. Can anyone tell me what is the problem with my plants and how to fix it? Thanks

Additional details: I am using a 400w HID at 75%, indoor grow, using distilled water, spraying the soil with a soap and water mixture to eliminate bigs, and keeping the temp around 27.5 C.

20140522_234912.jpg   20140522_234945.jpg = plant A
    20140522_235001.jpg = Plant B
    20140522_234934.jpg = Plant C

Also, the parts of the leaves in the pictures that look white, actually look brown/purplish but the light alters it.

2. #2 GoldGrower, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
    I would guess the soap had killed them. Maybe watering too often or perhaps the concentration of nutes in the soil is just too high. Whatever the reason I would just dump the lot right away and start some new seeds in some new soil. Those things are fucked and even if you could save them it will take weeks to get the growth going properly, and they look like 1-2 days old. Plant seeds now and you will have plants bigger than that in 1 week. Don't put soap in the soil. Add perlite to it, 1 part perlite to 2 parts soil. Use low nutrient value soil like peat. Drop the light down another notch too, put it on the lowest setting and lower the light until the plant gets about 24℃. After a week if all goes well bump the power up a notch, then again after another week. For the first week of growth the plant should be doubling it's leaf surface every day 

3. Looks like a nitrogen def. What is your ph of the soil? What are your high and low temps in the room? How far from the lights are the plants? What soil are you using, Just potting soil or a soiless media like coco? First off, it might be too late, but stop spraying soap and start giving them some light nutes. Try 400 to 600 ppm. I would also flush the soil a bit once the plants turn green again. It looks pretty heavy to me. I don't see any perlite or vermiculite in the pics. Also try pulling the light away from the seedlings. I know young plants have a problem handling full sun.

4. They are not going to need nutes at that size, no way could those be nitrogen deficient. Adding any nutes will just finish them off 

5. #5 NGP, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
    What kind of soil and pots are those? The soil looks like it has a lot of mulch in it, and it looks like you planted the seedlings about 10 inches down into some type of green translucent container. Both of those are no-no's. Same with the soap/water mixture. You don't need a soap mixture to spray onto the seedling and into the soil either. Certainly not at this beginning stage of growth.

6. Yea, I guess you're right. I should have taken a better look. I guess it depends on the answers to the rest of my questions as to what I would do. Still think that a light ppm nute wouldn't hurt. Even a 50 ppm mix wouldn't hurt those young seedlings though.

7. start over....