HELP-paper towel stuck in downstem

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by smarcus, Jun 13, 2012.

1. i was cleaning my downstem and without thinking a stuck a little piece of a paper towel soaked in rubbing alcohol down my downstem. now it wont come out. please help

2. #2 Sciapodous, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
    I'm just curious as to what was going through your head while sticking it in their.

Either way though, try to get your hands on a pipe cleaner, you know they bendable fuzzy things always used in art class, well they make excellent "pipe" cleaners.

If that doesn't work, fill the bong up until the piece of paper towel is under water, so that it'll soften up and dissolve a bit. Do you have a perc? If not, after It soaks just suck it down in. If so, don't do that, and just get all surgical with those pipe cleaners.

3. [quote name='"Sciapodus"']I'm just curious as to what was going through your head while sticking it in their.

Either way though, try to get your hands on a pipe cleaner, you know they bendable fuzzy things always used in art class, well they make excellent "pipe" cleaners.[/quote]

I only saw the 1st part of this before i came in here. I lol'd.

Op, its paper. How do you normally break down paper?

4. Wait for it to dry and light it on fire

5. might try this. i dont have any pipe cleaners

6. oh yeah i forgot to add..its a showerhead diffused downstem. so theres not a big whole at the bottom, just at the top

7. Could you still blow through the bottom though? Take a mouth full of water and and blow it through the bottom, so it'll exit the top.

8. there is no hole at the bottom of my downstem, just slits

9. i'd like to see this...

pictures?

10. dry it out and burn it

11. Uhm I may be missing something, but if you run water straight through it, shouldnt it come out?

12. Unless he packed it in their tight with whatever he was cleaning it with. I still don't get what exactly he was thinking.

I personally wouldn't burn it in case it just crisps the edges and sucks it into that bottom diffuser. Then again, I personally would have never crammed anything into my downs stem.

13. Cut your nails bro

14. Paper clip, pipe cleaner, or anything with a point to scrape it out.

It's not rocket surgery.

15. Is it this?
    [​IMG]

try it with something like this. (i dunno the English word for it. its to empty out crab legs). Get the paper wet, hold the downstem upside down and gently poke/grab/... it out?

[​IMG]