Help out a noob, first time grow.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Embracetomorrow, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Hey everyone! Well I've wanted to grow a few plants for a long time, and finally decided to give it a go. I purchased some lowryder 2 seeds, and got them a few days ago. Successfully germinated them, planted them in separate little pots, and set up a little area for them. Basically I'm looking to see how you guys think I'm doing, my pros and cons, and how it will turn out. I went and grabbed 2 39 watt t5's, reflective foil, and products to balance and measure ph. Set them up in a corner of my room, put another wall, so only one wall is open, and mounted the 2 lights vertically, on the two opposing walls. I have an ossolating fan on them blowing lightly.

Thoughts? Sound like enough light? And tips? Thanks alot guys, big help!

2. Pics? Best way to get any advice is to post some pics of your setup, if possible. The more light the better. The T5's will be fine for now, but you will probably want to add more light. Either more T5's, or get some cfl's going in there as well. Best would be an HID light though. Ya know HPS, MH. With more light comes more heat though. May have to ventilate. Also when you flower you will need your space to be light tight. So you will probably have to close off that last wall somehow. Good luck.

3. by "reflective foil" do you mean tinfoil? If so, grab some mylar space blankets from wal-mart and use those instead.

4. Thanks guys. It's just a little grow, don't wanna spend too much money on different lights and everything, I thought maybe one more t5 to put above them. I don't remember what it's called but it's not tin foil. I got it at a local shop that sells everything from grow equipment to hemp clothing. The guy said this kind of thing would be fine, but obviously everything else that can be done will produce a bigger yield. I'll try and get some pictures for you guys

5. Yeah like phalicy said get rid of the tin foil. If that is what you are using. But I think those space blankets actually absorb more light. I could be wrong. White paint is easiest, and cheapest.

6. And for flowering I was told to switch the bulbs from 56k (I believe this is what they are currently) to 27 k

7. Todderfran it's not tinfoil. It was something that the shop recommended using to reflect the light better

8. you'll need nutrients and maybe more light, too.

google "go box" for a complete setup and retailer. This should take you from veg to harvest no prob for a couple or three to five plants.

Sat Nam

9. Cool beans man. Good growing to ya man. Have fun.

10. So my My project just changed very quickly. The girlfriend hated the look of it sitting like that in the room, so I've been told that I could now use the closet :) I'll be transferring everything into there tonight. Smaller space, and my girls shouldn't get too big so I'm thinking it will be much better! Enclosed area, should be much easier to control and get better results! I will definitely take some pictures and post them up. Thanks a lot for the help so far Guys! Might just have to make a journal! And from what I've read, yes I know I'll need nutes around week 3. I'm planning on going the bat guano route

11. [​IMG]

This is what my grow room looks like. you can see one t5 in the corner, the other one is in the diagonal corner. I'm going to get a 3rd tomorrow and place it on top. Any suggestions comments/criticisms?

12. [​IMG]

I tried to take a picture with the lights on, but im using a crappy iphone and the picture comes out horrible. Hard to see from the picture, but theyre only 2 days old, very small.

13. Put the lights over your plants man unless you want them growing irregularly.

And get some bigger pots.

14. To clarify what this poster said, you should have your lights just a few inches over the top of our plants right now.

your pot size is fine at the moment, I would suggest keeping them in the current pots until you know the sex.
    transplanting now could hermie your plant.

15. ^thanks for the advice. I was told that putting the lights on the sides would provide more full light, so I figured I'd go get one tomorrow nd put it on top, and leave the two on the sides? Will that work?

Kronikkk, I plan on transplanting them into bigger pots once they outgrow the small ones.

16. Lights on the sides will help once they are much further along, for now just focus all your light over top of the plants, not to far but not too close.

17. Alright sounds good, thank you!

18. ^how does she look guys?

19. Iphones have gps tracking, so the pictures from these phones can be traced, be careful.