Help on setting up my stealth speaker grow? Tons of questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xenith, Jan 4, 2011.

1. #1 xenith, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2011
    Hey all, I'm thinking about putting together my first ever grow, just a test run with one plant. The speaker cabinet I'm working with is 3' 5" tall by 15" wide and about 1' deep. So I think I'll def have enough space.

The speakers have 3- way drivers, all of which I've popped out. It appears that the hole for the tweeter, the one highest up on the cabinet, will fit a 120mm computer fan without modification (already has holes drilled out). I guess my first question is is this okay to use for my exhaust? it's about 8" down from the top of the speaker. Or should I try and mount it lower to the bottom, since my intake hole will be almost on the same level (like 2" lower)?

EDIT: any chance I could do this without a carbon filter if I grew the right strain?

For lighting, a buddy told me that a dowel mounted up in the cabinet, with my grow lights hanging over it (on a wall socket adapter- I will have a power strip in the speaker) would suffice. I was thinking about using an 80w or 100w CFL, but as I understand it, I will need another light?

What should I use to make the speaker holes airtight? And finally, what strain would you recommend for a first time grower who requires minimal smell? I always hear Northern Lights but I am open to more suggestions.

If you made it all the way through this post, many thanks, and I appreciate any help yall can give!