help on my spot

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Bmore-Green, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Okk so the spot is like a 45 to an hr off trail all the way up this big ass hill that leads to a little river ( its a run that runs to.the main river ). This is heavily wooded forest with a few.bike. trail and MANY game trails (deer shit every where) and on the main bike trail the sign said weapons arnt aloud on the park/forest .I'm.sure ppl hunt too...
    From the rige we plan on planting on...... The river is prob a 20- 30 min hike down hill ( very slippery ) to.close? To me it looks very perfect right on the hill its very hard to.get to. its going to be a b**** digging holes thrres rocky out crops around some parts

ForumRunner_20130402_224703.png

ForumRunner_20130402_224722.png

ForumRunner_20130402_224803.png

ForumRunner_20130402_224843.png

ForumRunner_20130402_224908.png

Hunters?

ForumRunner_20130402_225012.png

ForumRunner_20130402_225038.png

Before we got up on that mountain line we saw numerous of open spots and lush vegetation in the wood but they were only meters from animal/ human Trails and so many thorns and ideas about that? Ps. We encounter a family of deer everytime we enter these woods

2. What exactly are you asking?

3. Do you think its chills

4. Why holes.Use bottomless tubes and u won't need to water the plants.Just dig till u reach water level and place the tubes.Do it need the river.

5. I think it should be a great spot. A little chilly looking though.

6. I was thinking about pumping water from the river can you explain the tube technique. I think it would be hot having buckets in this location maybe my other spot in the bushes

7. If there are any trails nearby of any kind, hunting, hiking, biking and if the grow can be seen from the river it is NOT a good spot. When doing a grow in a state that is not medical you need to be in really really good spot. When I lived on the other side of the country I had a 30+ plant grow one season. It went well. It was in a spot no one can get too. There would be zero interest getting through the brush for hours before reaching the spot. The only reason would be someone looking for it after seeing me wander that way.
    You do not want to get caught so don't be lazy and get a good set up. I suggest a ways from the river. I am sure people go down the river all season on boats. While drifting in a boat, fishing or whatever you have plenty of time to take in the sites. I know I do. You don't want to risk getting caught.

Now from my legal growing experience, my OP is on a river. But, you can not see it due to where I built the flat. You do not have the luxury of doing that. If I take a raft and go down one of the 6+ rivers here I can see many many grows. They are easy to spot. I personally do not like the spot you have pictures of. Looks like limited cover (I know it's winter in the picture and it will be a thicker brush in the summer) and it looks like a steep hillside. I notice you mention a ridge line. I strongly suggest not planting on the ridge line. It will be much easier to spot from the air.

As for the holes... Why are you digging holes? You said it is rocky and it will be a bitch right? Get smart pots in whatever size you want. The bigger the more soil you need to haul. Idk how rocky it is but my ground is clay with old river rocks (old rivers and streams from the gold days that long dried up) and I could not dig a reasonable hole if I wanted to. I use a backhoe to dig my holes. You clearly can not do that. Smart pots will save you lot's of trouble. Plus plants love those pots.

8. Thanks ! I'm going to head out there tomorrow get some more pics, we walk down to the.river and the spot not as ovious as it looks its another section of woods on the way down.....

We are going to wait for things to get greener and continue to scout ill try to have more.pics up tomrrow

9. What's a smart pot?

10. An aeration container (breathable pot) Look on google. Smart pots come in sizes from .5 gallon (i think) all the way to 1000 gallons. The bigger your smartpot the bigger the plant. How big were you going to dig the hole? I assume because it needs to be hidden you want the plants smaller. My opinion though is less plants and make them bigger. I would rather have 1 giant 4+ lbs plant then 10 few ounce plants. One is definitely much harder to spot.

11. I feel you I live in MD how big will they get? My seeds are germinating I hope to have them out by 4/20 definitely befor May

12. Well it depends on how much sunlight it gets, and how big the pots/holes are. Do you know what kind of dirt your going to use? I recommend a well amended soil so you don't need bottled nutrients. I would say 3+ lbs per 100 gallons of dirt is a decent guideline to follow. But, there are so many factors such as direction your spot is facing (should be south slope) amount of sun light hours, temp, pest control, rodents and other critters. Do you have a regime for pest control yet?

13. Yes! The first thing you see when you enter these woods is deer we are already working on our deer spray how can I tell if its the South Ridge on the compass we were heading south east

14. If you were walking into the south east then that is a SE facing spot. That will be ok. You will have more sun during the am then pm.
    Fuck deer spray. Bring chicken wire to wrap the plants.

15. Yeah I was going to go out there this morning but I got high.....wake and bake took everything out of me and you are right The Sun was beaming. The latest we stayed out there was one or two maybe if I come down I will take that trip out there and see what the pm sun is like

16. If you need a easy way to move water look into buying a 12V battery powered water pump.
    [​IMG]
    I used a pump like this and a 12V car battery with about 100 ft of hose and it moved water very fast. Make sure you get a filter to keep your pump and hoses free of crap. Also check your local weather and see how much rain you get you may not need to water as much as you think.

17. Where can you buy one of these? Your right I wanted to have them out by now si they have rain but they are not strong enough

18. online just google it
    and the battery you can by at walmart

19. Im so anxious this is my second outdoor, well my first serious grow its bag seed but ima put time in

I.alrdy see why genetics are so important

ForumRunner_20130412_163036.png

ForumRunner_20130412_163056.png

ForumRunner_20130412_163150.png

ForumRunner_20130412_163207.png