Help on my 8'x8' grow room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hogwilwdoopig, Oct 26, 2009.

1. I am in the process of building a 8' x 8' grow room. Can someone shed some light on what lighting I need to be getting? I have been looking at the Industrial Strength LED grow light 110V 150W LED Grow Bar 3WÃ-52 bulbs LED (10 blue bulbs, 42 red bulbs). I also would like some help on the filtering of the air and how often to do so. Thanks for your help!

2. oh god no. for an 8x8 room you could just get a 1000w hps and get great yeilds. if you are going to cover an 8x8 room in LEDs you better have a FAT wallet. you want to cool your 1000w hps with a 4'' inline fan with carbon scrubber and have it constantly be blowing air out of the room while having a smaller fan push air in (or another 4'' if your rich). you could grow like 10 3oz plants under that

3. are you only going to have only one room you need two rooms one clone room fl or mh and a flower room hps:confused:

4. #4 velanarris, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2009

Ok I am in the process of building an 8x8x8 room right now.

What you're going to do with the sapce depends entirely on how often you want to harvest and how much work you can put in. Is this in a house, is this in an aprtment? How much light and how dedicated to that lighting scheme are you. Can you put in false walls or hang tarps to divide the room?

There are a lot of questions and the sky really is the limit here.

I took my room and divided it with properly framed and drywalled walls after running new dedicated grow room circuits. I'm finishing off the ceilings this afternoon before I do the plumbing for the sinks and cut room. Basically I split the room into a 4x7.5x3.5 veg room, a 4x7.5x3.5 clone room (basically a framed ceiling divider) and a 4x7.5x8 flower room. In the clone room I have my big bin holding tank for all my bucket water and equipment as I keep 2 clone buckets with 7 slots a piece. So plumbing the lines into the framed walls was easy without the drywall up. This also made ventilation easy as you want your clone room to be warm, but not hot so I can set all my ventilation to spill downward for cold and upward for heat.

I was lucky and planned it all out ahead and took my time so I have a perfect self contained workspace. Best part is, you have to enter a closet then find the door in the back of the closet to get into it.