Help On Building My Room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by azmmj480, Jun 9, 2013.

1. #1 azmmj480, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013
    Wuz up guys!! How ya doing? Damn so I'm having these issues designing the ventilation setup to my room & it's giving me one hell of a migraine!! (btw I live in +110* summers) Here it is;

So I'm building a room this next weekend that's 12'x7' and 10' tall. It'll be in my garage, right where the door opens from walking out the house from my room. The only way in would be the door that I mentioned earlier after the walls are built. I basically just need to build two walls that will fit flush with each other, the ceiling & floor, and the walls of the house. I am going to built the walls from 2x4s, insulation & sheetrock or whatever people make the walls inside the house out of. I have a wall ac unit@6000btu and idk where to put it in for the best results. I was thinking of cutting the wall out to the exact size, build a frame for It, slide it in & silicone it. The other thing is I really want to minimize the amount of electric I use from the AC. That's why came up with the close room idea. Now if I had the 6" running the air from inside the house through the light n back into the house to be cooled again. That way I don't take any cold air out of the room. Then to have fresh air can I set up my 4" inline to exhaust the HR, hot & co2 deprived air with fresh air. Now at what time should I have the cycles set to? Is this the right way? I'm confused hard!! :wacko:
    If anyone have suggestions or let me know what I can do! Just let me know wuz up please!!!

Another option even if its not sealed, it would be to have my 6" inline pulling the grow rooms 77* air out through the light/hood n out back to the house? Now would that harm the wall AC if it's pulling the air outside? I probably would need to have a intake put in right? But that doesn't really make since to me!! Like I live where it's +110* outside in the summer!!!! So I would pull air in from the house but that defeats the point of having the AC!?

Does ANYONE have any suggestions tips??!!!???? I've been bashing my head in trying to figure this out!! LOL!!

THANKS

2. WTF..... NO ONE CAN HELP ME ON THIS!! Is it that hard??!!!

3. How many watts of lights are you going to be running? I would look into a bigger window AC then 6000btu. If your home is fairly new and the walls are still nice and straight and square at the corners then prebuilding stuff to fit may work out but its an older home then pre building to fit may not work itf things don't line up and square up at the corners especial around a doorway. We found that out in our garage grow room that we built. We run a 6000btu window AC in our flowering room and with a 1k light it does run a lot but the flowering room has a metal currogated roof with not a lot of insulation. Its 6X8X7. As for venting hot air out I would look to see if your garage has one of those wind turbins at the top and vent it out there, you may need to add a boost fan to help hot exhaust air flow up and out if its a long stretch. The window AC should vent outsid eof the garage and preferably not back in it. If you add a new breaker and run some new electrical line to your grow room I would add a 220 volt line and go with a 220 volt window AC they are much more efficient then 120 volt ones, the same with digital ballast. 220 is what your electric dryers use. In our flowering room I have the 6" ehaust fan running on low with a rheostat thingy that its plugged into to control fan speed as for fresh air I usualy just open the door a few times a day. Some window AC`s come with an option or setting to put it on vent and while on vent with the AC in cool mode it should pull warmer air in from the outside and cool it off that way your not only getting cool air but fresh air. I`ll check back tomorrow I`m tired been working on my car half the day and it was hotter then shit out.

4. Another option would be to cut out a small passive air intake hole and put a small fan infront of it to pull fresh air in that's another thing we do in our flowering room.

5. #5 azmmj480, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    Thanks man! So ya I'm running just a 600w MH/HPS. Right now the room will serve as a both veg n flowering room. As far as the house being square n flush, its a new house. I'm going to build everything in the garage as I go so I guess I'll find out. I've never really thought about that. Ok I know this is stupid to ask but I've never used a wall ac, so from what I've understood is that the common wall AC doesn't pull air in from the backside. It pulls air from the front n it puts it back in the room right? Lol I've been thinking this whole time that it pulls air in from the backside then into the room and If with a 6" 450cfm inline pulling air out(exhaust). The inline would be pulling the air through the ac before it cooled it! Wow where was I?? Haha ... ya we do have one of those things on the roof but I was thinking of just exhausting the room into the attic, eventually hooking up to that thing on the roof?? Will that cause issues with the room? Idc about the smell at all cause its legal to grow where I'm at!

6. #6 elden, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
    I agreed with template but one thing I always think usually people not consulting with anyone like an architect or builder. In my opinion they can give you better advice.it will save your time also. 

Awards of Our Building Group

7. Idk any people that do that and can talk about that with. Even if I am authorized to cultivate I don't want to n bring just anyone to my pad. Plus with my experience I usually get that crazy look when they find out what they are helping me with!! Haha!!