help on 5 x 5 x 7 grow lab

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by josephspare21, Aug 3, 2010.

1. ok so i got sumone that just got a 5 x 5 x 7 growlab he wants to do a 1 1000 watt hps he is going to make his own reflector to fit the box wall to wall so wat he wants to know is how could he maximize his yeild under 1 1000 watt hps? and how many plants and how many is a good amount for getting maximum yeild out of it? and should he sog or gorw just by topping? and and lets say he is a super good grower in optimal conditions how much could he yeild for a big yeilding strain like ak-47 or white russian ball park

2. Well first of all, I think a 1000 watter is too much. You'll probably have some heat issues. I have a 400w in a similar tent and my temps are high.

As for mothod of growing, he could do a sea of green, screen of green or maybe just grow them out and just topping them. Does he/you have clones or thinking about taking clones?

I would do a screen of green with 4 plants or I would grow 4 topped clones from the same mother to get an even canopy and maximize yeilds. I usually do the last option myself.

As for yeilds I can only say that if he's a very good grower he can at least get what is stated by the seedbanks, which is based upon 1X1m under a 400W HPS.
    AK47, Serious seeds claims: Yield: 350- 500 grams/m2
    There are many strains that claims to have yeilds upto 400-600 grams or more per square meter. Like Big Bud.

If he's really going to use a 1000w in that growlab, he needs some serious venting, or he'll have heat issues for sure. I wouldn't recommend more that 600w.

3. guessing yeild is impossible...1000w's is alot but if u can keep it cool enough why not if he is a super good grower like you say, why is he getting somebody to ask questions for him on a website........

4. cuz he hasent done it in awhile like years so he is rusty so he is trying to get sum basics down again so whats a good size room for a 1000 watt hps 9 x 9 x 7 and he is thinking about 8 plants topping but do you yeild more sog or growing and topping and i am not asking for a exact number just a ball park

p.s. he already has the 5 x 5 room but can take back for a bigger one i just neeed to know how big for a 1000 watt hps alot of people r saying atleast 60 watts per 1 sq ft

5. Don't know exactly how big a tent he needs but he can probably go up to twice as big. And the general rule I go by, is a 100w minimum per plant.

So if he gets a tent that is twice as big he can get 8 big plants in there. Also I think you'll yeild more with the screen of green method.

Now I'm just thinking and comparing this to what I'm doing, as I have a similar size tent as he has, and a 400w HPS. I have a powerful exhaust fan, but still have heat issues. I do 4 topped plants at a time and they are big. And just for a referance I yeilded between 60 and 70 grams of dried bud per plant the last time, so you do the math. Your buddy might get more though, depending on different factors... Ps: they were not topped...