HELP! Northern lights young plants leaves curling up

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mikefulgieri, Sep 20, 2019.

1. This is my second attempt at growing and its been around a week and since the leaves on my northern lights autoflowers first appeared and since i first saw them they they were curled up. The plant has been growing and loooks good besides the curling(Photos below). I keep my humidity 60-65 and temp 79-84. I give it a small amount of nutrients -- from guide i read online. I had a seed before which had curling leaves which eventually died. No nutrients were given to it but it died much sooner then the other two. Please let me know if its something im doing wrong or if its the genetics. Thanks!!
    Photos of plants attached below

Attached Files:

2. can you send photos with led off it will blend in deficiencies making them hard to distinquish

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. the drooping looks like you are overwatering how often you watering

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. No nutrients so early. I gurantee your pH is off. Mj needs nothing but water for at least a week and a half, unless you're in some sort of hydro setup.

5. hes def in solo cups i agree its so young that a def is just to uncommon id agree with lock out and water not being absorb or ow

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I water around once a day.

Attached Files:

7. Yup, should be once every two to three days .It's definitely overwatered. Leave it be for a couple days and they should turn around for ya

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ill try that. Thanks! one more thing - how far do you think i should keep my led grow light from the plant?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Little ones don't nee a whole heck of a lot of light to begin with. Depending on the light I would start at 20-24 inches and slowly move it closer as it gets bigger. Rule of thumb is as long as your hand isn't hot when you put It between the light and your plant it's a good distance .But I've found with blurples you can definitely have it to close. I wouldnt put it any closer than 1 foot to the plant at any time. IMO.

10. Last question do you have any links to a good feed schedule which has worked for you?

11. The best and easiest way to tell when your plant needs watering is by the weight of your pot. It’s super easy when they’re in solo cups. Just put some dry soil in the cup or pot without watering and then compare it to the one you just watered. If it doesn’t feel light don’t water yet. When they first break the soil they don’t need much water. At this time a lot of their growth goes on beneath the soil as the roots seek out water. But the best and easiest way is by the weight if you’re cup. They def don’t need to be watered every day. It’s hard to tell if anything else is wrong with purple light. And no nutes for seedlings!