HELP! Northern lights young plants leaves curling up

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by mikefulgieri, Sep 20, 2019.

1. This is my second attempt at growing and its been around a week and since the leaves on my northern lights autoflowers first appeared and since i first saw them they they were curled up. The plant has been growing and loooks good besides the curling(Photos below). I keep my humidity 60-65 and temp 79-84. I give it a small amount of nutrients -- from guide i read online. I had a seed before which had curling leaves which eventually died. No nutrients were given to it but it died much sooner then the other two. Please let me know if its something im doing wrong or if its the genetics. Thanks!!
    Photos of plants attached below

2. I see no pics...?

Might be the heat. Seems a little hot depending on the strain.

What light source? Lights too close?

3. I’m new to this. Never thought i’d Have a pot plant in my house. Our first plant is a clone. Now is 30” tall with 40 buds. Easy to grow. But my attempt with seeds has been fruitless. Can’t get them to sprout. Maybe find someone to buy a clone from.

4. What methods have you tried to germinate seeds? I've always just dropped mine in a glass of water.....not tap water though,and with 24 hours they pop. Where are you getting your seeds from?

5. That's my question as well.

Getting seeds to crack shouldn't be that hard. Planting and sprouting isn't too difficult but I suspect many overwater or use tap water with all kinds of crap in it.

I soak in a cup of Luke warm mineral water usually, let them soak for 12hrs and then into paper towel on a plate covered with a bowl.

No special heat or humidity...

6. Shouldn't be difficult at all. I use a couple ounces of rainwater with a bit of Zeus Juice,to help soften the shell. Usually cracks in 8-12 hours and then onto a wet paper towel in between two plates. Many ways to go about it but the water soak to paper towel has been my go to for awhile now.

7. Got the small seeds from buds my wife had bought. Don’t know the plant type. Very small seeds. Have tried putting them in soil. Tried seeds between paper towel inside a ziploc that has air holes. That bag is put in a dresser drawer in a dark closet. Didn’t know about rainwater. Didn’t know about the juice. I read that seeds need warmth. Warmth will dry out paper towel over time. I did try soaking in water overnight as well. No root seen. Raining now here. I could try collecting water and soaking seeds again.

8. Don't waste your time on bag seed.

That's half your problem.

• Agree Agree x 2