Help - new and old bong taste bad

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Ita, Dec 10, 2018.

1. #1 Ita, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    I really not sure what to do..
    I had a bong and i clean it in any possible way. He is cleaaaan ! But when i smoke i have this wierd bad taste. I buy new one - smoke same weed, was perfrct, go wash new bong with hot water and dishsoup and its become taste bad also! I really not crazy :) i try all and read everthing almost online - my only guess will be - that somthing in the hot water stuk to the glass, maybe the chemicals in the water..
    Btw - if i not clean the bong at all after 2 days the flavor is back and the bad taste go away
    Will love the person solve it for me for ever!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Use the strongest Isopropyl alcohol you can find.
    Rinse with water only after the initial cleaning.
    Don't use soap.

Welcome to Grasscity.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 2
  3. I did it :( with 99% as well woth kosher salt.
    Wash with cold water after...
    Even when no smell after cleaning - in the min i add water and smoke the taste is bad..

4. I thoght it is smt ellse - but then the new bong story - was working perfect 3 hits in arow then i wanna try - so i wash with the hot water and dishsoup and....
    So the only thing left is the hot water from tbe tap..

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. do not use soap & water to clean your bong

thc, tars and oils found in cannabis do not dissolve in water. you're just coating whats i your bong with whatever is in your water supply and soap

thats funk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bro just rinse it out with rubbing alcohol and salt that’s what’s mostly in every glass cleaning products then just keep rinsing
    It out with water until the alcohol taste goes away that’s how I clean my bongs and pipes it’s best to let the mixture sit for a bit and then shake it till u see all the nasty shit start to clear out.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. The question now how i get rid of what ever in it? I will never use nothing else then iso and salt, but for now..
    Any advice? And why after 2 days of not changed water it become fine again?

8. keep smoking, gotta coat over whatever you have in there!

its a bong, bongs never taste good.

wanna know for sure, have a sip of that water next time! haha, jk, dont do that, its gross

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Well I usually change out the water after ever toke sesh since I’m a clean freak like that so my bong only has that rotten potato smell if I don’t change out the water but I wouldn’t stress about it. If anything just light up an incense and smoke away ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #10 GreatGrammy, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    Throw it out lol problem solved. Really though, it must be something in the glass. Time for a new bong

11. I thoght the same - then i buy a new bong and after forst wash the same problem..
    It is or the water in my house or smt i can't explain :(

12. I am seriously thinking buy this farmecy water - wash with them the iso and then put them in the bong - 100% no mineral water in the clean process qnd in the smoke process

• Like Like x 1
  13. I use everclear and salt and shake it up.

14. If a new bong is doing the same thing than its either your weed or your taste buds, theres only a few things it can be in a new bong. Water, weed, or you (wink wink) lol;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. If it may be your taste buds try something like Tasty Puff liquid drops. Its a bandaid approach but it will work. I use it once in awhile just to shake things up, I'm a rebel lmao
    Tasty Puff | Flavoring and Drip Juice

16. #16 useaname, Aug 6, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    I have the same issue i think. Makes me sick and is too harsh to finish. A new piece i bought got the same harsh issue(mild but escalating fast) just from me using a slide just once in a bong with the issue. Now the new one i cant use and the slider for it is really harsh. I wonder if its chlorine levels in water. And that or something sticking to the glass. Probably spread buy having hot smoke through it since it "infected" my new piece that only got bottled water ever. Ive tested so much methods to find the slider is usually worse off.

17. Try soaking in baking soda.
    If that doesn't work, vinegar works really well.

18. Use iso and salt , or 420 cleaner tons of products the market , dish soap won’t remove anything it’s useless unless your cleaning it after using specific cleaner .
    Boiling water doesn’t really do anything but I’ve tried it .

19. Occasionally that works but last time I tried it didn’t do anything..

20. Burn it and buy a new bong. I dunno.