Help needed with my first (plz & ty)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bIg SaRgE, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hello all,

New to all of this but excited none the less. On my first here, things were going great about 2 weeks into veg from seed. I have four plants, all of which were in one pot, so needless to say they had to be separated. The largest of the four is the one that seems sad, she's droopy. I transplanted all four into their own pots at 2 GAL a piece. I was going to water her but I don't think that would help, it seems like it would make matters worse. Help??:confused:

2. Is this typical and should I expect it to pass?

3. If its dry down to your knuckle then water it, otherwise leave it be for a couple days.

4. lol I went to bed... I did water just a few drops so they had something to drink, but like I mentioned the soil from the transplant had plenty of water stored in it so my fear was that I would drown her. Woke up today, went right to her and she is.......FINE! YES! I didnt know what to do, hearing so many mixed things, one other group warned me from watering, said it was a sketchy time to water cuz it could give more problems to my already problematic situation. Another blog I started suggested the opposite, water it like crazy, but I wouldn't anyway. Common sense told me otherwise, plus I have to consider that some people want me to fail, even if they don't know me. Never the less I appreciate your help!

5. op keep in mind cannabis is a weed you can over water as long as its not a puddle and you can underwater to the point of it being dry as a bone and the plant will usally come back you may not get as good a yield but its a hard plant to kill however if you stick your pointer finger in the soil down to your knuckle if it's dry then you should water if its yet then dont and remember dont just water one spot water the entire plant

6. That makes sense, She is dry so to speak, but the soil has that fresh, watered feel to it, not wet or drenched. I guess I would describe the soil as "perfectly in the middle". Not wet, not bone dry. Other than cannabis, I do ok with plants and gardening. Learning more and more each day. Then again as a disabled vet I don't have a whole lot to do, lol. So I hang outwith mother nature. But I do thank you, as I mentioned, other put things that may have killed her so I appreciate you not trying to... Thanks a mill!

7. lol ya man are you using any nutrients while water if your about 2 weeks in a think you should start using them another good way to tell if the plants need water is to pick up the pot if it's light as air then they need water if it weighs alot then they are good pretty much if your pots have drainage holes in the bottom you cant over water... well you can but you really have to try if your plants lookin a little sad even tho your watering her you probably need to start using nutrients

sorry to jump around so much just kinda wrote the thoughts as they came

8. I beg to differ. Overwatering is one of the most common mistakes new growers make. That, and 'sprinkling' little bits of water and overfeeding.

The state you just mentioned 'right in the middle' (like a wrung out sponge) is perfect! You never want wet soil (except when you first water it) because roots need air too, and too much water will drown them, kill the soil and promote fungus and mold.

It's always a good idea to water after a transplant...it settles the soil and gets rid of dead air pockets. Best to water thoroughly (until it runs out the bottom) then dump anything left in the saucer after a few minutes of draining. Don't water again until the top of the soil is relatively dry. This encourages the roots to grow down looking for water (more roots= bigger/healthier plants). If you contiually water just the top of the soil the roots will be stunted and that's the start of all kinds of problems.

Hope this helps, good luck with your grow :wave: There's a lot of good information here and it's free....right now reading is your friend ;)

9. Thanks again everyone, big help!