help needed with cfl/ hps setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rixxy24, Apr 23, 2012.

1. [quote name='"rizzle1990"']Small world we live in ;)

They look good mate, what soil you using? Im using some John Innes at the min. Im looking into some biobizz all mix for my next grow, Not a fan of pre nuted soils like john innes although so far, my girl loves it![/quote]

No I agree about nutes in soil but yup the girls love it. I have the autos in canna terra pro plus, it is nuted and I water at 6ph (following instructions on pkt) but my sleeskunk is in plant magic soil and its "nirmal" I think.
    I think biobizz is getting good results so far from folk.
    One product I now swear by (cos am in a tent in a SHED! ) is tanlin formerly nil-nat for larve off flies who lurve soils. I added with tap water and it really improved plant, id been seeing little flies but idk if they were in roots but tanlin....wow! No links for you lol am on mobile gerrin baked :) (at last) peace

2. plagron light mix 1 week fert NE

3. [quote name='"herb ballistic"']plagron light mix 1 week fert NE[/quote]

Haha I dont know all computer speak, NE? uyyy sry.
    You use plagron eh. See my local hydro shop has, it seems, a family working there. they told me before about their in-house competitions to see what soils were best etc. All good but unless I'm getting served by same one each visit I end up with an array of products that dont match.

4. NE north east

5. I dont even know where our hydroshop is ;) lol.

6. Well what a day! Went to turn off lights this am and even with cool tube it was 32c aargh. I figured its cos I only had 4" fan sucking out of tent. So off I trotted to hydro shop and bought a 5"er (bigger of 2) and hooked it up and left, hour later I went bk to find 40c!! Id put fan on backwards lol. Pulling all hot air INTO my tent. I mended it and am using the 4" old one as an intake? At bottom of tent through hole in side just sucking in cool air for 25mins per hour! My new ones big enough tp expell the air in my dr120 I hope.
    Any probs anyone can see pls post, idk about neg ir poss pressure etc. Ill post pics promptly. App dies if I do inline pics.
    Peace

7. This is a 4 inch fan sucking air into tent from outside tent .

ForumRunner_20120510_150220.png

Here's a pic from inside, so no tubing etc just fan on box on floor, I like simple shit.

ForumRunner_20120510_150330.png

Here's temps tut. Driving me mental

ForumRunner_20120510_150435.png

8. 5" min for a dr120 or 6" with heat problems

9. [quote name='"herb ballistic"']5" min for a dr120 or 6" with heat problems[/quote]

Yeah its kinda helped adding a 5" but still base temps high....28.7c. I used the 4" one and have run ducting from outside into shed, into back of 4" old one which sits blowing in through tents lower hole! Idk lol will see if it works. I've 4 floor fans in 2.

ForumRunner_20120510_164350.png

In pic I now added some extra ducting so outside air comes in.

10. I just changed my setup. Now have the carbon filter outside my tent. so its now intake==>air pulled through cooltube==>vented out through ducting to a 5" exhaust==>down to my cabron filter on the outside.

I like it alot, pulled temps down instantly. will post pics later

gunna smoke a doob, eat some steak! yeahhh buddy.

11. [quote name='"rizzle1990"']I just changed my setup. Now have the carbon filter outside my tent. so its now intake==>air pulled through cooltube==>vented out through ducting to a 5" exhaust==>down to my cabron filter on the outside.

gunna smoke a doob, eat some steak! yeahhh buddy.[/quote]

Yeah put some pics on bro. I changed about yest, took my hps out gulp ànd replaced with my big 8u cfls 1red 1 dual spec. Heat was mental even after new bigger fan. I recon I need a bigger carbon filter. Made me realise I bought a lot of "wrong" stuff when I set up. Do you know anywhere ppl swap stuff? I know gum tree etc do it but here in the city?
    Maybe we could start one if not??
    For example I have a 600w hps ballast and bulb but want to downgrade to a 400w hps ballast n bulb.....swap anyone (in uk)?
    I've a 4" carbon filter used for 1x grow of 3 autos so pretty new its a rhino one ooo and ballast etc is "powerplant" .
    Seems silly not to try swap things.
    Peace

12. [quote name='"rizzle1990"']I just changed my setup. Now have the carbon filter outside my tent. so its now intake==>air pulled through cooltube==>vented out through ducting to a 5" exhaust==>down to my cabron filter on the outside.

Steak n a j sounds nice. I ran out of percy yest so am up shit creak, thinking about swapping I've 3 kids and only after an OZ? lol.

13. [quote name='"rizzle1990"']I just changed my setup. Now have the carbon filter outside my tent. so its now intake==>air pulled through cooltube==>vented out through ducting to a 5" exhaust==>down to my cabron filter on the outside.

Hi yeah I looked at this method. Pls pop some pics up showing how you did it. Also thinking about choppers etc (although I realise your indoors and a tent) IF you vented say out of a window before you changed I mean, would the heat signature be enough to bring it on top?
    Off to turn on lights so ill snap new lights :) peace

14. Yeah, could be a goo idea. There is a classified section somewhere i think on here, ill have a look.

I'll put some pics on when my lights come on (8pm).
    If i wanna run my Carbon filter inside the tent i think i need a bigger fan, even though im running at 390CFM, with it outside the tent, its fine.

As for downgrading, if your doing it for heat reasons, i probably wouldnt IMO. There was someone on here who Downgraded to test the difference in temps & it was only 3F lower.

15. Haha! Worth a shot!

16. [quote name='"rizzle1990"']

Yeah, could be a goo idea. There is a classified section somewhere i think on here, ill have a look.

I'll put some pics on when my lights come on (8pm).
    If i wanna run my Carbon filter inside the tent i think i need a bigger fan, even though im running at 390CFM, with it outside the tent, its fine.

As for downgrading, if your doing it for heat reasons, i probably wouldnt IMO. There was someone on here who Downgraded to test the difference in temps & it was only 3F lower.[/quote]

Yeah, ill probably not swap then. Glad you said. I aint convinced hps do a better job anyways! I mean last grow I used my 600w hps to flower my girls and they were real airy, I grew under god the year before (sun) and had airy buds so I'm sticking with my cfl as it cant be worse I hope.
    Also todays growth is epic across the garden, all 4 have come on, I used my hps for all of 4 days and imho they didn't grow! After changing to 8u's Today my sleeskunk has doubled in size (ok she is a baby and not an auto so I guess hps was always gonna hold her back) . But also all 3 autos (2 pre flower 1 flowering) kinda stood still under hps!
    I know ppl will not agree but the evidence I see ill take on board.
    Cant wait to see ya pics, I love your girl lol.

17. ,........

18. Hps over CFL everytime for me, i've seen some sexy grows under HPS. I've seen some good grows with CFL too. Just look for any of Kamels grows on here and youll be amazed at what CFL can do.

There are a few factors that come into play with how it grows like Genetics, phenos, room conditions. Dont give up on the ol HPS :p

Just picked up some Super Lemon Skunk.

19. HPS are better!