Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help needed for drying/curing dilemma

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by muttly, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Hi there,

I am new to the forum, so apologies for not havign introduced myself formally. Unfortunately though time will not allow !

Something has come up unexpectedly and I need to hop on a plane, which consequently involves leaving my crop in mid drying stage.

I will be away for a week so I need to make a desicion ; Do I speed up the drying process and put the 85 % dried buds in sealed jars and hope for the best ( ie no mould on my return) ? Or put them in sealed jars and leave a tiny jap for moisture to evaporate. Or something completely different ?

I do not want to leave them drying as they will be completely dried out and crispy when i get back.

At present one batch has been drying for 2 days and seems almost doen ( i live in a hot but its not humid at the moment, luckily ). So by the time I leave Batch one should be ok to put in the jar.

Batch 2, however will be perhaps too moist. Or will it ? I am going to leave the fan on all night tonight and tomorrow and tomorrow night and hope for the best !

Any help / tips would be amazing.

Thanks !

:eek: :smoke:

2. find someone you trust to watch over them, pay in bud

3. ^ this. If that isnt an option, i think you should try to force dry them, however you will still need to cure them and you cannot do this so your options are find your babies a baby sitter or make them a harsh smoke but still salvaged better then nothing!

4. #4 muttly, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2012
    thanks rast & niceguy for your help. I had come to the same conclusion on this...really dont want to resort to a harsh smoke!

I have checked again this morning and I think they will be as good as dry ( maybe a little under ) by tomorrow lunch. Is the curing stage , or more to the point would my lack of ability to cure be a disaster or just hindrance ? Is there hope for them if i leave them on there own without attention ?

Should i ask a buddy to burp the jars once a day ? If i cannot do this, will the plants DEFinately go weird / mouldy in the air tight jars if left ? LEts assume they are correctly dried - will they be potentially ok for 5 days without burping ? Im guessing the answer is 'yes' as all correctly dried plants have a water / moisture content. Im screwed arent I ?!

:)

5. They'd have to be fully dried for you not to have to burp them for 5 days( which you would want to regardless because you don't know how much they will soften up). Best thing is to have someone to burp, as shitty as it is to trust someone to do that. Sometimes it may seem the bud is dry , but a few hrs in a jar and they moisten right back up. Depends on the type of bud too.

6. i have 2 types of indica .

I am unable to recruit any help ..So, after various research, I feel the best course of action is to wrap the semi dry buds in perforated newspaper, thus ensuring a regualated flow of air but retaining a climate which ( i hope ) shouldnt dry them out too much.

Separating the larger buds from the smaller should help too. Maybe with wrapping the smaller slightly tighter than the larger.

Thoughts / criticisms welcome !

:)