Help Need expert advice. Maybe a lawyer

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Jbobevans, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Wednesday I sent a "friend" in Colorado 260$ to ship me out weed to Maryland. Yes it was stupid, I won't do it again. But instead he kept my money, blocked me on fb, blocked my number and won't reply to me. What he did is fraud, what can I do legally to get my money back? Will me saying what I sent him the money for, even tho he never sent the product to me incriminate myself? Or wuld it be just like every other fraud case since he never actually sent it?

2. Well would you report someone who you willingly gave your money to, for something illegal? I wouldn't do it. You might as well count this a loss and move on. I understand that this is a type of fraud but you won't be getting that money back especially since he is in a different state nothing your local authorities can/will do for you except keep a close eye on you for your drug obsession.

3. Dont mention it was for pot , its not like he would incriminate himself by saying it either

its all in the revenge formulae

does effort x cost x risk = more or less than 260 

i reckon its worth 260 dollars to know for sure this friend is nothing more than a scumbag, at least he wont do you again

how great are the distances between you?

4. There's nothing you can do. It was a dumb idea

5. Pretty great. He is on the other side if the U.S

6. the guys a scumbag......you were unlucky. Its only $260 just leave it...feel sorry for you OP

7. If OP tries to pursue this he would have to have a valid reason behind this. He couldn't do anything legally to get that money back. If he were to go to the authorities he would need proof that his friend has took his money with the intent of not giving anything in return. Also he would need proof that the friend and him had an agreement and apparently the agreement is for something illegal.

8. #8 Tokoum, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
    Visit CO in a few months, kick the shit out of him, steal his wallet, and walk on down to the corner store for a bag of legal bud.

Or call his mother.

9. Ok so this guy said he can send me the money back within two weeks, or he can send me the product in a week. I really ruined his friends and everything. I tore him apart. But Shuld I trust him to send the bud? He is also on probation for an mip of alchohal. Or Shuld I just get the 260
    In 2 weeks?

10. I think he's just buying himself more time. If you pick the bud he might just say something happened to it and if it never gets to you, you will never know if he actually sent it and someone along the line confiscated it.

11. I was thinking that too. But I told him I want someone to go with him to weight it, package it, and send it

12. That's fucked up say it was for something legal unless shit gets nasty and you'd then have to go to court and shit

13. #13 STilladelph, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
    Lol there is absolutely nothing you can do legally.To try and sue him in civil court you'd need a valid reason, not to mention court fees will be more than you spent.Even if you did manage to get an appearance in civil court, all he would have to say is you had no agreement. Even if you had a receipt from , that only proves you sent money to him. It doesn't prove what it was for, and it would be in his best interest to deny any sort of deal, because if either of you mentions the weed your case will be dismissed.It's called the black market for a reason, what you did was dumb and thinking you can take legal action on an illegal matter is even dumber.

to add to this if he sends you weed what stops him from calling the cops the second you would get it and secondly weed is illegal in Maryland but not in his state meaning you have drug trafficing charge and he only did wrong is  sending a legal product of his state out of his state. which he could cover his ass by not putting a return address or their name on it.  BTW i know it would be a long trip but you can just go there urself and buy a 1/4 oz legally from anywhere that taxes it if your a out of state buyer.

Take the money if he really sends it and buy local.

15. #15 garrison68, Jul 28, 2013
    Take the money, this whole thing is way out of hand and weed from him is no longer a good option for reasons detailed by other members.  

16. He paid me back yesterday. I ruined his life. Don't call me dumb, I did it knowing it was a possibility, I was not going to actually do anything with court to him, I just wanted to know what I could threaten him with because he was on probation. Anything wuld fuck him over. You people that reply just to say it was a bad idea are not helpful at all. But thanks to some good responses on here I received my pay back in full. Thank you

17. #17 Tree Burner, Jul 28, 2013

If you have someone that you can actually trust over there why not just have him give them the goods and let your friend ship it to you. Just give them a little bud out of there for the effort.

Edit: Just saw you got your money back, that's good. What a dick move on his part.

18. Don't do dumb shit and people wont call you dumb op... Btw when is summer vacation over? Getting tired of seeing threads like this all over the city

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app