Help !!my stems and leaves turning purple!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ninja haze, Aug 7, 2020.

1. I am growing supposably an alien and Gorilla Glue strain that I bought. I am a little over two weeks into flowering in about a day or so ago I noticed my stems and leaves are turning purple. Some of the stands are completely purple, and majority of the leaves are turning purple at the edges... I would put up a picture but it would be hard to notice the purple on the leaves so I'm not even going to bother

2. Without a pic hard to tell. Several of us have had the same question and it usually turns out to be genetic.

3. Id have to agree, clear pics in normal light are preferred.. but atleast blurple pics are NECESSARY for a true diagnosis..
    Chances are though if the plants well otherwise.. shes fine..hold on imma show u pics of my girls rn.. they got purple too.. its gonna be blurple tho

4. Notice purple to leaves and even main stems got some purple... i believe its due to some chilly nights.. air conditioner in my room can bring temp to almost 62 to 65 sometimes
    Otherwise.. theyrre fine.. and yours should be as well.
    If yours are similar to this .. dont worry.. if the plants droopy .. or has other symptoms it could be anything..overwatering.. a deficiency of mag or potassium..
    Goodluck mate

Attached Files:

5. I tried to take a pic. The stems are clear,, but the leaves not so much obvious..but the edges and middle vein of the blade on each leaf if turning purple.

Attached Files:

6. This is off topic,,but i think your plant might be a male from one of the pics u just sent

7. Ive been gardening for 15 years and after growing many strains and fucking with every possibility trouble shooting i found that a fuck ton of strains just naturally have red wine colored stems.
    There are several things that can cause it but mainly its genetic. Other things that cause purpling is lights out temps and lack of phosphorous. Looking at your pictures i can say that 100% is genetics cause your veins are a nice color and the leaves arent burn or deficient in any way i can see. It all looks good to me but keep an eye on the veins running down the middle of the leaves. If those change colors then you might need to add more phosphorous to drive flowering but remember that a good flush is crucial. Some guys will argue and on paper a flush isnt necessary but there are some things in life that appear one way on paper but in practice theyre totally different and thats how i feel about flushing. Im a firm believer in a long flush turning the whole damn plant yellow before i leave them in the dark for 48 hours right before harvest. In coco ill flush for 15 days or so and the smell taste and overall smoothness to the smoke is wonderful and there is so much stored energy in your leaves that the plant will still bulk up and go thru the final fattening phase with no issues from lack of nutes i promise. I've side by sided and done every little variable test i can think of. I also went to college for botany and horticulture and then i went back to school for plant genetics and lighting. Gardening is my favorite thing to do and i like to try to help where i can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. So based on everything you just said and comparing to what my plants look like, it confirms that I have a phosphorus deficiency,,,i had a feeling but i wasnt sure. The veins down the middle of the leaves are getting more purple.....
    So ive added my flower nutrients about 3 different times now...im using foxfarm nutrients in fox farm ocean forest soil. So the first 2 feeding i used only a quater dose of the tiger bloom that is recommended by the nutrient timeline sheet. Earlier today i did about half the dose.

9. If in soil do a slurry test. Take a large shot glass of soil. Dig down a little. Than put that into a Tupperware small container. Than put the equal amount of distilled water. Stir for 1 minute and than stick ur ph meter than ur ppm meter. This will show u what's going on! So if ppms are over 400 u just need water and microbes if u use them. Under 400 ppm feed

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app