Help! My seedlings are to small

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by atomhighfatherx, Dec 1, 2012.

1. I am using a 250 watts flourecent light and iam keepin them 6 inches away, also iam growing in a grow closet, my babys are three weeks old but i think their a little small this is the first time i grow so, i dont exactly know how a three week old healthy seedling looks.. Heres some pics

image-962337783.jpg

image-650911069.jpg

image-4165496897.jpg

image-3527919656.jpg

image-3710670822.jpg

2. What strain is it? What's the temp?

3. My guess would be the soil you got them in, it looks very wet an cloggy.. You need to transplant into a better quality soil that has perlite mixed through it if you want your plants to survive.. Bio bizz all mix or light mix would do the job if you can get hold of it.. Another one that a lot of growers use is fox farm soils.. Apart from that your set up looks nice mate

4. The strains are bettyboop and chronical rider both autoflowering lowrider like, not sure about the temp i haven't got the thermometer yet. Thats not soil golden, those are molds with hydroton on the bottom. i have a bag of fox farm ocean forest should i transplant it to a bigger pot with the fox farm soil right away?or should i wait a couple of weeks more seedling?do you think the container i have the plants in is to small or has anything to do with the plants size? And does it look pretty bad for three weeks???

5. the plants look like theyre growing at an average rate. the leaves are drooping so the soil is probably too wet or too dry

6. How many water should i give them at this point? i normally water them once a day but if i see it to moist i skip a day, i think my mistake is having them all together in the same container so its hard to measure the quantity of water each one needs.

image-1979763095.jpg

image-3322654830.jpg

image-3637415957.jpg

Heres some more pics

7. I have some of my baby plants the are showing signs of curling leaves. I am not sure but it looks like it what causes that? Is it a plant disease? They can overcome it?

8. they look good, better than my plant. let the soil get bone dry, until the plants start drooping from lack of water, then water.

you can also check the ph of the soil to see if its ok.

9. Thx bmeat iam going to try that right away

10. Transplant each one into their own container with the FF soil, it will make your life a whole lot easier.

11. Thats what iam planning to do whats the best size for a pot five litter or ten litter

12. Bigger the better for your pot size an deep ones if you can.. Your watering far to often give them time to dry out.. Keep it as simple as you can an they will do all the work for you :)

13. Thx golden i think keepin it simple and natural is the best 2 i will get into that as fast as i can

14. #14 atomhighfatherx, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
    Also i am planning to use a 600 hps light bulb for 4 plants, do you think thats ok?and how close should i put the hps to the plants? I dont want to burn those little christmas trees :))

15. 600 should be fine, get a cool tube and you can put the lights much closer to your plants.

16. whats a cool tube?

17. As long as you can keep the heat down you can a 600w down to about 8" away. I kept mine about 12" away and it worked well.

18. image-1561167351.jpg
    Oh yeah got it i just didn't know it was called a cool tube

19. 8 inches or 8 feet joker??