Help My Seedling. Strong Stem Bad Leaves Good Pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by grownoob61, Sep 16, 2014.

1. #1 grownoob61, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    Hey guys

Noob grower here. I am looking for help. So I got 1 single bag seed to pop. Really I wasn't planning on anything just something to get my interest going. I did not realize how attached in would get to my little girl. I really want it to pull through. But she looks well, not good.

Here's the deal. I have her in miracle grow seed starter under 4 cfl 100w eqhivalents. The light is about 3 or 4 inches from the top of the seedling. She had what looked like nute burn on the tips but now there are a couple dead spots on her leaves. It's growing but also shriveling. The stem seems good but the leaves are crapping out. I've read a lot so far and can't find my issue. The temp is 85 but humidity is like 36 constantly. I have mylar on the walls. Btw the cfls are 3 5000k's and 1 2500k. Thought I'd give a mix with a slight lean towards blue light.

Please help me I really didn't think I was gonna do much hence the miracle gro but once I saw the little green sprout come out of the soil. I will just say I'm hooked. Take a look at my pics and any advice is fully appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. you can see in the pics the stem is going strong but the leaves seem to be taking a beating from somewhere. i can find anything online that looks like this . please help

3. I am not too educated on indoor growing. I would just let it continue to grow. If it dies, then it dies. I don't know why. Sometimes it is a weak seedling. And how do you know it is not male?

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck. Thanks for posting.

4. Soil is hot (too many nutes) shes cooking. She needs a flush (pour water through until it comes out clear - a true flush.

Problem is, your soil doesnt have enough perlite (to drain well) so this may kill her without amending the soil.

Miracle grow is often too hot for some seedlings, as is fox farm and happy frog (for some)

After a flush she will respond like most plants and begin eating her own lower leaves to produce new shoots. At that point you can transplant her to a pot and not feed her, as the new soil will be sufficient for a while. When you notice her eating lower leaves again, feed her.

The reason your leaves look like that are two common reasons, low humidity and/or too much ferts.

Less is more with cannabis. Love kills.

Keep it simple and thanks for the pm. Im here anytime!

-poke

hey thanks for replying to me! i hear what you are saying. it may very well end up being male which is fine if it happens. but i would like to get to the point to determine that before it dies. like i said i got a bunch of bagseed and just germinated them not expecting much. only one popped this one. so that's all i have now. Once it sprouted though, i have to admit ive become protective of it (i know its ridiculous, i should get out more). i want to see it through at least so i can practice before dumping a bunch of money on seeds and more proper setup 

6. From what I can see, it looks like a weak seed. Some seeds are really healthy and take off like a rocket, as where others won't do so good. I  saw a vid on a seed breeder and he said he has to go through thousands of seeds and hand pick the good ones and throw away the not so good ones.

7. If it is a male be smarter than 99% of your "peers" and save your pollen in an airtight container in a freezer. Then when you get a female, breed them. Youll get enough seeds to last you many years.

I placed my first personal seed order last night. For the last ten years ive been growing my own strains and hybrids.

-poke

hey man thanks a lot for responding. i agree i may have give a little too much love. is there anything i can do about the perlite issue so i can flush safely?  

9. yeah thats what i was thinking of doing, id like to get some more knowledge  before i start trying to breed, but ill definitely keep the pollen if it makes it (still hopefully its female). if you don't mind me asking here where did you order seeds from im scared shitless to order online. you can pm me if your'e willing to offer that info.-thanks again

10. I don't mean to hijack your thread here, Grownoob61, but Poke how do you capture Pollen? I'm not at all familair with the ins and outs of that.

I got mine from Cropkingseeds.com and they worked.  I know there's another good place but I cant think of the name...I'm sure there'll be some more suggestions!

thread definitely jacked! haha its all good. any issues with "shadiness" at crop king? i mean im sure ill be fine, im not gonna order hundreds of $$ of shit online, so i dont think ill throw up any red flags, but if someone were to look obviously they would be able to tell im growing. 

The other day i took a seedling and removed it from soil, carefully. I quickly mixed up the soil with perlite then slowly placed it back carefully. I held the plant in plasce then dropped soil around the roots, so theyd stay long and straight. You might not be comfortable doing this. Truth be told, he'll probably keep growing regardless of what you do. Id just add a lil water every day or every other day (not a full watering, enough to keep the plant alive) around the base of the stem. This will keep him alive while forcing the plant roots to grow through dry soil on the bottom to look for water.

I ordered from herbies. First grow order a small amount, like a single seed or two. Youll get free seeds no matter so you pay like 4 bucks for a seed 12 bucks to ship and get like 3 free. If youre smart, you can cross these strains and grow something nice. I went with ancient land race originals, from africa and pakistan. (breeding program)

A few ways. You can place the whole plant in its own room and lay plastic underneath to capture pollen but imo, a smarter method is to prune the plant of all sacks save one branch. Let that branch polinate consistently, forever, and keep him alive. He'll endlessly produce fresh pollen n that one lil branch. Some people place plastic under the branch, some place a sandwhich bag over it. Im a fan of letting pollen fall on a black tarp and collect it.

13. No shadiness from Cropking, although it was awkward when they sent my seeds in a tampon, lol.

Sweet! If I end up with any males I'll give that a try. Thanks poke!