help my plants keep dying

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by spamalot, Mar 31, 2014.

1. whats up members, 
    im new here sort of so hope all is good.

im having some problems getting started growing my first batch from start to finish. right now i am tryin to smooth everything out before i pay big for seeds. the problem i am havin is the plants grow to about 3 inches gets about 2 maybe 3 sets of leaves get yellow and die

my box
    is WxHxD 2 feet each walls painted white, the front is open so ventilation is not an issue, there is a fan blowing over the top of the plants

lights
    i have 2 70watt fluro bulbs on 18 6 about between 5-10 inches away from plants

medium
    i use soil and i have also tried hydro with rockwool

so this box is in a closed room the windows are always closed the door opens when i go in and out as it is a frequently used room. there is a split unit ac to control temps which are 77-82 lights on an 70-75 lights off. i check ph every 3 days in both soil and hydro...the soil is always about 6.8 and i keep the res between 5 and 6. humidity is between 35-45. i believed i have everything covered but still my plants wont grow indoors

on the other hand the same seeds same pots same soil (havent tried hydro yet) grows well if i put it outside in the yard, i know it is nature and it is a big difference but what am i doin so wrong inside?

2. #2 Phil N. Bowls, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
    We need pictures. I would say its the soil but you claim they do better outside in the same soil.

I bet it has to do with moisture and you might be over watering indoors.

Do you have proper drainage when you water indoors?

I hope this helps.

3. Could be over watering under watering, to much light to little light to much heat ect.. pics as said above man 

4. Yes I have proper drainage indoors same as outdoor, the soil is used to grow other crops so I'm not sure it is the soil. I check the inch of the soil to see if it is dry then if it is I water, I also use the weight of the pot to check wen to water. The leaves don't droop so I don't think it is over watering as I use the same methods outdoor. I'm stumped as to why. I can try less light as I had more light with the same problem

5. #5 Skunky Monkey, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
    You could try checking the pH of your soil and water supply, this could be the problem.

6. My water from the pie is between 6 and 6.8 I check before every water and I check the run off every other water. I'm really stumped as I say they grow well outside same everything