Help my plants are burning

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Jiffysmokedaily, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Hey I can't figure out why my plants are burning, ph is at 6.8-7+ according to the soil ph tester I have. They are 35 days old from seed in happy tree frog/ foxfarm lightwarrior mixed 5050 and lime and perlite added. Use biothrive nutes and maxicrop seaweed, I feed at transplant with 1/4 strength watered twice then seaweed alone then water then thought nitrogen def from yellowing and feed again then found out that I didn't need to feed till the 6 th week, I flushed two gallons of water threw about a week ago. Please help if you can

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. You flushed the nutrients from the soil, flushing almost never leads to anything good in my opinion, despite how many hundreds of people tell others to do it. They aren't burning, they are dying from a lack of K. Plus if you can gauge it, drop your ph a bit more. Soil testers aren't very accurate btw, if you have some bucks I would invest in a ph meter, they head off a lot of issues before they develop. So, feed them is the answer i think.

3. Hmmm well the seaweeds npk is 0-0-1 and the biothrive grow npk is 4-3-3 so I think they had plenty of potassium. My brother was telling me to use earth juice natrual down to lower my ph... Anyone know anything bout this earthjuice?

4. This is not plenty of potassium.
    Im also leaning towards a Ca def.
    Bring your ph down from 7.

Freak
    :smoke:

5. id second the ca deficiency. also this kinda looks more to me like a P rather than a K deficiency. flushing wasnt necessary and maybe now you have a few more deficiencies problems you'll have to deal with.

-shodan

6. I just don't see how it could be a deficancy when they are 35 days old and am using soil that didn't need to be fertilized for a few weeks but I feed at transplant and three more times. I think my ph is to high and is locking out. Does anyone know if humic acid exctract (blackjack) would lower my ph? Thanks!

7. keep in mind "locking out" is basically deficiencies. often most deficiency problems are a result strictly from ph imbalances. not necisarrily your soil or nutrient regiment. keep your ph on lockdown if you plan on making good use of your medium and additives.

-shodan